Worst lineup year?

Guest Areophobia

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this year's line-up's strong - mainly because it's the first time in years that I've wanted to watch nearly all of the bands towards the top of the main stage. I'm only going to be able to watch one stage at any one time, and while the R1/FR stages may have better sound/atmosphere they don't have the massive bands that play the main.

Looking back, 2004 is one of the weakest I've attended. There were very few highlights that weekend, and nothing positive really stands out.

2007's also seemed weak at the time, looks reasonably weak overall to me looking back, but was fantastic while I was there. I only saw 12 acts, but managed to get 4 of my all-time favourite festival sets (NIN, Arcade Fire, Brand New and The Hold Steady).

This years is wierd.

A VERY strong top 9 (well, barrring FOB maybe...) but weak everywhere else.

Personally, I'd rather have a Top 6 I'm desperate to see, than a better undercard with crap Heads and Subs, but thats just me - why I quite like this year tbh.

Plus, the set up for the Top 6 is better this year.

Paramore>The Cure or The Prodigy>Arctics doesn't really flow but Chase and Status>Eminem or SOAD>Green Day does, which is refreshing to see.

I think its 4 bands on the NME that have more than one album... that is terrible. Main stage bar a handful of bands is shit and weirdly placed. Enter shikari doing a 'DJ set' headlining the new 'rock stage', A repeat festival republic headliner. Too many dance bands on other stages considering we have a bigger tent dedicated to dance music, the lock up is the worst I've ever seen, the NME is full of bands who will struggle to fill a 40 minute set and the main stage below 3rd down is just piss poor.

I'll save my money... unless they announce a free steak sandwich and blowjob every morning... even then...

I think its 4 bands on the NME that have more than one album... that is terrible. Main stage bar a handful of bands is shit and weirdly placed. Enter shikari doing a 'DJ set' headlining the new 'rock stage', A repeat festival republic headliner. Too many dance bands on other stages considering we have a bigger tent dedicated to dance music, the lock up is the worst I've ever seen, the NME is full of bands who will struggle to fill a 40 minute set and the main stage below 3rd down is just piss poor.

I'll save my money... unless they announce a free steak sandwich and blowjob every morning... even then...

I'm gutted to have paid for a ticket this year. I just hope I can get something decent for it now. Aside from the main stage, this is arguably the worst festival line up I've ever seen.

For the first time in 11 years or so , I may not be there. Normally buy early bird ticket in Sept . Not convinced by line up at all - Last few years a friend has been offered free VIP tickets with camping a couple of weeks before the festival. Wheras beforehand we have not dared risk it in case she does not , this year we will wait and see - if she does we may go , if not then its no greatshakes due to piss poor line up IMO.

Have come to the conclusion that when my friend gets a few free VIP offered then the paying public have agreed its a shit line up !