CCTV?

Guest Couchy

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really sorry to hear you feel that way pie_and_a_pint but completely understandable given some of the drivel on here. However you might take heart from 5co77ie's recent warning to special needs Sid The Sexist aka Tommmy:

Sorry you've got me moderating now - you can try objectifying women - I'll just ban you.

I'm very Victorian - got one of their bows and everything.

its a shame people are so sad, my hubby knows I like this forum but was not happy to hear what I was called, especially as he knows me very well, been together since I was 15, anyway, I will carry on with looking forward to glasto and ignore low life.

Just because a word can apply to all genders does not mean that it's not highly offensive in this context. Aside from the fact that a woman who chooses not to have sex is not, in fact, 'frigid' but just making a choice not to have sex. I'm getting slightly fed up of the sexist nature of posts on this board of late to the point where I worry it's becoming an unwelcoming atmosphere for women. Sometimes one person's banter is another's limit of tolerance, and I really don't think some people realise this.

Ah well, another one for www.everydaysexism.com, anyway...

The Everyday Sexism Project exists to catalogue instances of sexism experienced by women on a day to day basis.

Isn't this "sexist" in it's very existance?

Sexism is wrong, no place for it. But if you're going to have a project dedicated to cataloguing instances of sexism, isn't it a bit sexist to exclude men?

Perhaps if there was no sexism at all in either direction, there'd be no need for any projects at all. In the meantime, those of us who of the gender have been excluded, exploited, disciminated against, objectified and treated with prejudice by people with penises for thousands of years will have as many projects as we like, OK?

That makes no sense whatsoever. Sexism towards men basically doesn't exist. And if it does, it's isolated and doesn't seem to bother most men. Sexism towards women, however, is an endemic and serious societal problem. And trying to fight it does not make us "sexist", it just means we're striving for equality.