The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Finally got paid today :)

Anyone recommend a decent sized tent, im guessing three man? For me. My last one was apparently two man but was like a coffin.

Maybe something I can sit up in would be nice! As well as double skinned, decent water proof rating, cheap ect...[/quote

I've got a kampa brighton 3 and it's survived Manchester rain with no leaks and can sit up in it!'

Finally got paid today :)

Anyone recommend a decent sized tent, im guessing three man? For me. My last one was apparently two man but was like a coffin.

Maybe something I can sit up in would be nice! As well as double skinned, decent water proof rating, cheap ect...[/quote

And it's doubles skinned and has waterproofing of 3000hh

Those water carriers from poundland and the like always leak.

This year we have brough a 5 litre water bottle from the supermarket, used said water responsibly, & are now taking the empty bottle with us clipped onto the rucksack fill up when there.

Much better.

Do they leak from the "tap" bit or?

Got one and don't want to be let down! If I can just stand it up it can't leak out of the tap... Right?

Do they leak from the "tap" bit or?

Got one and don't want to be let down! If I can just stand it up it can't leak out of the tap... Right?

They leak from the tap bit which is ok but I also bought one or 2 that leaked elsewhere. Test it :)

Anybody recently bought decent walking boots? Looking for a new pair for myself but also for my 14 year old who's outgrown his old ones

These are great. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Berghaus-Explorer-Hiking-80020-B50/dp/B0030ILUSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432989076&sr=8-1&keywords=berghaus+ridge+explorer

They were a Trail magazine best buy at £130. I think I picked some up at around £75. Tried on in Go Outdoors and then bought on line.

Make sure you always try boot on before buying. I had my heart set on a pair of Scarpa but when I tried them on they didn't agree with my foot shape.

The ones above fit like a pair of trainers on me..

I bought a Nokia 105 for festival purposes. It's got MONTH long battery life.

Works just like an old Nokia.

One real downside is you have to input your contacts in manually.

And you spend the whole time in your tent playing Snake instead of actually seeing any bands.

• Upvote 3

This absolute badman is my current everyday phone

medium05.jpg

Festival-proof.

That phone to me is a thing of great beauty and I want one also for everyday use. The problem is that my wife went and got me a smart phone (which I hate with passion) on her contract with Virgin and now I feel obliged to use it because we are paying for it.

I was looking for something waterproof to replace the coat which I first wore to Glastonbury 98, which safe to say absorbs water now.

Got this for 15 quid, tenner less than amazon, fraction of the full price, packs into a pocket with a twangy strap and even arrived within a couple of days.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mens-regatta-magnitude-iii-waterproof-jacket-14-99-delivered-regatta-ebay-2112446

• Upvote 1

People keep offering me their old iPhones, and get really surprised when I turn them down.

Large button phones aimed at the senior citizen market rock as far as I'm concerned. What annoys me is that I had mentioned this to my wife many times before she went and got me the phone that I now have. Apparently she wanted to bring me up to speed with the 21st century. All I want to do is make call, receive calls and be able to text. The phone that I now have has a button at the side which is proud of the actual casing of the phone. The result of this is that when I put it in my pocket the button gets nudged and the bastard phone springs in to action. I have retrieved the phone from my pocket on occassion to find that the phone has been trying to get on to the internet. It even succeeded on one occassion. Not only that but it has also dialled numbers while in my pocket. Yet again it succeded on one occassion and when I took it out of my pocket I found that I had called one of my wife's friends. She was on the other end of the line asking me what I wanted. I was temporarily confused by the situation so didn't know how to react at first. Luckily I managed to explain the situation to her and all was well. What I really want of course is my phone to die a nasty death, preferably at my hand and with some torture involved.

posted on wrong thread lol

Personally I don't mind bring my smart phone as have portable charger which does a great job, don't really go on phone much but like to be able to use it properly if I do....came in handy finding out whole was playing Williams green on the Thursday and Friday opener wasn't worth going to :)

Edited by shoptildrop

Sad day for Nevisport staff in Leeds, but their store up by Merrion is shutting down on June 3rd. Still loads of fleeces, coats and t shirts on half price, many good brands. Worth a visit if you're in town. Trousers are xs or xl, xxl though, and socks are limited.

Who wants a 120 litre backpack for 12.95? and its gets positive reviews......Amazon must have a bugged price here that's crazy good value....my 80 litre pack I just got was 45 quid and that was a good deal!....get while it's on folks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andes-Camping-Backpack-Rucksack-Luggage/dp/B00U2TAPKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432187348&sr=8-1&keywords=120l+backpack

Bag arrived today, looks decent. Hopefully it will prove to be as good as the reviews have said, seems great value for money. Cheers Penguin.

Bag arrived today, looks decent. Hopefully it will prove to be as good as the reviews have said, seems great value for money. Cheers Penguin.

Just bought myself one also.

Thanks Penguin.