The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

Got a new tent for this year and really happy with it but.... can't even get the tent,never mind the poles etc back in the bag it came in.

Had a look on ebay etc for a cheap big lightweight bag but can't see anything. Anyone got any ideas?

I thought a big holdall thing made of tent type material would be ideal.

Edit: it's a 5 man tent.

Google replacement tent bags. Hold-all style ones are always easier.

Got a new tent for this year and really happy with it but.... can't even get the tent,never mind the poles etc back in the bag it came in.

Had a look on ebay etc for a cheap big lightweight bag but can't see anything. Anyone got any ideas?

You need to sit on it. It came out, it will go back in! But yeah it's a major event so if you can get a replacement bag do it!

Poundland have the 10 litre collapsable water carriers back in. Picked one up today.

Has anyone spotted any Shewee discounts knocking about?

got one of these as well as the mallet with how hard the ground is going to be with all of the sunshine we'll be getting!

Aldi's 'Travel' special buy starts today, with a couple of raincoats, convertable trousers, some walking boots and bamboo T-shirts amongst a few other things. There's nothing that jumps out to me as a must-buy, but maybe worth a look.

any opinions on the walking boots?

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thur-14-may/product-detail/ps/p/adults-softshell-walking-boots/

they actually work out at about £18 here in Ireland (€24.99).

I was looking through the stuff I've bought for Glasto so far, and stumbled across some collapsable water bottles that I bought from Primark for £1.50 each. Can use it for water or to have a little tipple in! They even have a little clip on so you can carry it on your bag. Only bought them a couple of weeks ago so they should still have them.

I was looking through the stuff I've bought for Glasto so far, and stumbled across some collapsable water bottles that I bought from Primark for £1.50 each. Can use it for water or to have a little tipple in! They even have a little clip on so you can carry it on your bag. Only bought them a couple of weeks ago so they should still have them.

Yeah they're handy.

I only have one but another couple would be useful

I need to write a list of items I need.

I need some comfortable socks for wellies. Suggestions? My feet are the kind that hate walking / being in shoes so I would love a sock that makes my feet feel loved.

get double layer walking socks - nice ones from mountain warehouse if there's one near you, but every chain has it's type

they're much of a muchness, but tend to be nicely thick for cushioning and the double layer means no blisters

I need to write a list of items I need.

I need some comfortable socks for wellies. Suggestions? My feet are the kind that hate walking / being in shoes so I would love a sock that makes my feet feel loved.

I'd strongly suggest either wearing 2 pairs, or wearing socks that have 2 layers. It massively reduces the friction on your feet.

As an inner layer, I personally would only consider Bamboo Socks - the Bamboo fibres are so much softer and kinder on the fret than regular cotton. I take ones from this company and can recommend them.

As an outer layer, a generic pair of hiking socks should do the trick. The one disadvantage of Bamboo Socks is that they're not all that durable so a stronger outer layer should help with that.

They've got these in poundland at the moment, save yourself 50p!