The camping essentials - I've found a bargain which you all need to know about thread...

The Other Steve

How does everyone pack their tent and sleeping bag? I'm trying to find a good cheap 65L rucksack that I am able to tie my sleeping bag too and maybe my tent (second could be wishful thinking) If so, how do you do it? cable ties?

They should have various straps which can fasten around tents etc, a cheap one might not have those

They should have various straps which can fasten around tents etc, a cheap one might not have those

How does everyone pack their tent and sleeping bag? I'm trying to find a good cheap 65L rucksack that I am able to tie my sleeping bag too and maybe my tent (second could be wishful thinking) If so, how do you do it? cable ties?

I find that having a few carabiners come in very handy for this sort of thing. Very cheap on ebay!

Bungy chords are good for attaching sleeping bags etc to rucksacks!

For a camping trip a couple months ago I was in desperate need and short of cash and bought two of these...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Compact-Lipstick-Sized-Portable-External-Technology/dp/B005QI1A8C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430413540&sr=8-1&keywords=portable+iphone+charger

Got both of them for like £17 and they got me through a week out in the wilderness. But each one stopped working after it was used to get a 3-4 full charges for a couple phones and various other bit.

If you definitely need your phone or something else charged though, £20 is not that bad.

These things are the way forward, Woof boots.

There waterproof & fleece lined & a peice of piss to get on and off. There like a walking boot welly hybrid. About £35 most places image_zpspq8mmhpi.jpg

Went to try some on in the nearest stockist yesterday. Could do with some extra padding underfoot but very nice. £50+ in the shop. Went home and ordered some off eBay for £10 cheaper, along with some cushioned insoles.

Went to try some on in the nearest stockist yesterday. Could do with some extra padding underfoot but very nice. £50+ in the shop. Went home and ordered some off eBay for £10 cheaper, along with some cushioned insoles.

Those boots don't seem to be waterproof past the rubber sole bit. Just fyi, says it's polyester with teflon fabric protector on the website Edited by frostypaw

Those boots don't seem to be waterproof past the rubber sole bit. Just fyi, says it's polyester with teflon fabric protector on the website

I'm basing my decision on them being designed for shoveling shit in. Test run will be at Bearded Theory, I shall report back.

Although the sun will shine all weekend at both BT and Glastonbury, so we may never know.

There alright aren't they, espically when compared to bogo wellies, I'm quite looking forward to running mine out this year. I think they will improve my enjoyment of the week.

Those boots don't seem to be waterproof past the rubber sole bit. Just fyi, says it's polyester with teflon fabric protector on the website

I've been using a pair of these for the winter on walks n stuff inc shin deep streams and they held up well. Not sure how they'd cope in knee deep worthy farm slop

50% off Eurohike tents at Millets folks. Get a Eurohike avon for 45 quid! I wish I'd waited now, paid much more last month for one I haven't actually got round to putting up in the garden and checking over yet. 25% off vango and outwell also.

• Upvote 1

50% off Eurohike tents at Millets folks. Get a Eurohike avon for 45 quid! I wish I'd waited now, paid much more last month for one I haven't actually got round to putting up in the garden and checking over yet. 25% off vango and outwell also.

that's great value for that tent. lots of space and great hydrostatic rating too. if i didn't already have a tent i'd definitely buy that.

Got a new tent for this year and really happy with it but.... can't even get the tent,never mind the poles etc back in the bag it came in.

Had a look on ebay etc for a cheap big lightweight bag but can't see anything. Anyone got any ideas?

I thought a big holdall thing made of tent type material would be ideal.

Edit: it's a 5 man tent.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910