The Smashing Pumpkins

Guest Porcelina

yeah tbh those three are the ones i have in my mind - although the lack of a 'dance/electronic' headliner seems odd (i guess arguments could be made that New Order are 'dance', but not really)

The xx and Pumpkins seem very likely, and then possibly New Order but an electronic act could also fill that spot

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw them at 02 academy last december, was not expecting anything. Only went because I like the music, didn't think they'd be able to pull it live. Can honestly say it was one of the best gigs of my life. As long as they have darkness they'll be incredible. Only could be bettered really by The xx into Sigur Ros!.

Edited by dancelittleliar

Exactly this.

If they were up against lets say the Stones, it would be ridiculous. Just an empty field.

Other stage headliners should have real pulling power. Acts that have been around a while, grown a strong following, and offer a genuine alternative to split the crowds.

Imo The xx are simply not there yet.

Totally agree. A waste of a headline slot in my opinion. Great first album. Good to listen to in the bedroom trying to have a nap; or in the kitchen when cooking your spaghetti bolognese. The second album came out and sounds exactly like their first. The third album will come out and everyone will forget about them.

Right I'm gonna guess that since we have had Vampire Weekend into Dizzee on Friday Pyramid before that it won't happen again so hoping:

Arctic Monkeys

Dizzee Rascal

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

The Vaccines

The Rolling Stones

Primal Scream

Vampire Weekend

???

Mumford & Sons

???

Elvis Costello

Kenny Rogers