Lock Up 2013

Guest jump

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Reading this is

I watched Tomahawk which was half full, ASIWYFAF which had a slightly bigger crowd, FFAF from outside which was absolutely rammed, Enter Shikari had a full tent but wasn't heaving as much as FFAF. Filter had a decent crowd too, it was around just over half the tent.

Enjoyed all the sets Ive mentioned above but ESSS got boring after a bit. Rest were all very good.

Was really fucked off I missed Quicksand tho due to them playing earlier in the day and it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

At Reading this is

I watched Tomahawk which was half full, ASIWYFAF which had a slightly bigger crowd, FFAF from outside which was absolutely rammed, Enter Shikari had a full tent but wasn't heaving as much as FFAF. Filter had a decent crowd too, it was around just over half the tent.

Enjoyed all the sets Ive mentioned above but ESSS got boring after a bit. Rest were all very good.

Was really fucked off I missed Quicksand tho due to them playing earlier in the day and it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

It’s odd how the lock up is generally the most talked about or anticipated stage on the forums. But so often nobody actually turns out. There was barely anybody there for Tomahawk or Quicksand, just like there was nobody there for the Descendents (and other examples) previously?. It seems some people talk a good game, but when push comes to shove they opt for more commercial music on the other stages.

Edited by jonnyx

It’s odd how the lock up is generally the most talked about or anticipated stage on the forums. But so often nobody actually turns out. There was barely anybody there for Tomahawk or Quicksand, just like there was nobody there for the Descendents (and other examples) previously?. It seems some people talk a good game, but when push comes to shove they opt for more commercial music on the other stages.

It's always been the case, although I think it's more than these forums are not representative of the general R&L attendee. There might be 20 people who show a vested interest in the lock up and the kind of music it plays on the forums, that may make it seem popular compared to how many post here but even if all 20 went to the festival and the same site it doesn't mean a decent crowd.