Lock Up 2013

Guest jump

My thoughts on all this, shocking that the Shitari are headlining on the Sunday, but I have seen comments on this and everyone seems to be w*nking over it, well the 16-17 yr olds, hopefully we will get some better acts on Tuesday, disappointed Tomahawk are headlining too, would have liked them to have been a bit earlier. I'll be watching Sick of It All instead of Chase n Status mind

How low is Kate Nash! And the booker wasn't lying about 1975 low spot

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone with their bee in their bonnet about the Shikari Soundsystem thing. Chill. Biffy: the essential 'rock' act in the UK (the world :ninja: ) are headlining the same day.

Look at the rest of that stage's lineup.

Other than them at the top it's quality. ASIWYFA are one of THE best bands at the moment, have produced one of the albums of 2013 so far and if you haven't heard them, sort it out.

Funeral for A Friend- classic, had a bit of a hardcore revival of late as well, smashing it live.

Gallows- everyones already made up their mind but still.

Arcane Roots- another phenomenal band and one for the future, Biffy approved, sound a bit like The Mars Volta at times Biffy at others, again, check them out if you haven't.

The others, aren't really my cup of tea, but considering Skindred, LTA, Mallory Knox et al. taking up the early mainstage slots seems as though the new organisers have a bit of a thing for modern alternative rock music.

I think this is a really promising addition and bodes well for the future of the festival. Expanding ever further surely as we all want it to?!

Gives us more than just 2 days of the lock up. With bands that are relatively similar. Also does anyone know if The Dillinger Escape Plan are still backlisted from the fest for the poo throwing incident? Would be a quality addition to the Lock up or Rock stage?!

Edited by HuntingFools

Everyone with their bee in their bonnet about the Shikari Soundsystem thing. Chill. Biffy: the essential 'rock' act in the UK (the world :ninja: ) are headlining the same day.

Look at the rest of that stage's lineup.

Other than them at the top it's quality. ASIWYFA are one of THE best bands at the moment, have produced one of the albums of 2013 so far and if you haven't heard them, sort it out.

Funeral for A Friend- classic, had a bit of a hardcore revival of late as well, smashing it live.

Gallows- everyones already made up their mind but still.

Arcane Roots- another phenomenal band and one for the future, Biffy approved, sound a bit like The Mars Volta at times Biffy at others, again, check them out if you haven't.

The others, aren't really my cup of tea, but considering Skindred, LTA, Mallory Knox et al. taking up the early mainstage slots seems as though the new organisers have a bit of a thing for modern alternative rock music.

I think this is a really promising addition and bodes well for the future of the festival. Expanding ever further surely as we all want it to?!

Gives us more than just 2 days of the lock up. With bands that are relatively similar. Also does anyone know if The Dillinger Escape Plan are still backlisted from the fest for the poo throwing incident? Would be a quality addition to the Lock up or Rock stage?!

Edited by theevilfridge

Yeah, you'd think it'd have made more sense to have the 'Rock' stage on the same day as Eminem rather than clash with Biffy, and for it to actually have a rock band headlining...but I'll be seeing Biffy so I don't actually care :P (as will anyone else with any sense).

If that is what Arcane Roots sound like I'll definitely be checking them out :).

Once the rest of the Lock Up lineup is out it'll look really solid, I think. For a start, the prediction was for Sick Of It All to headline, so to get them to sub strengthens the lineup.

I don't think the Dillinger Escape Plan are blacklisted at all, seeing as the poo incident was in 2002 and they were booked again in 2004...

Does this mean that someone may play above Tomahawk as well?

on that note, how big are Tomahawk? what size venues do they play when they play in the uk? Previous headliners like Less than Jake, Descendents, Bad Religion,Rise Against,etc normally play academy sized venues. Would Tomahawk play venues this size if they toured?

Probably the worst lockup lineup since I've been going, obviously that's just my opinion though.

Just spoke to The Menzingers on twitter and they've confirmed that they're NOT playing this year, went on to say its one of their favourite festivals but they didn't get the offer. Could just be lying because they're not aloud to announce it yet, clutching at straws!

Probably the worst lockup lineup since I've been going, obviously that's just my opinion though.

Just spoke to The Menzingers on twitter and they've confirmed that they're NOT playing this year, went on to say its one of their favourite festivals but they didn't get the offer. Could just be lying because they're not aloud to announce it yet, clutching at straws!

Yeah tonight is the night of the show so hoping for some good additions. I think the lock up is alright so far, Zane Lowe said it was the best he's seen so I'm hoping he's refering to the rest of the lock up and not just the ones announced so far!