radiohead

Guest russycarps

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I saw them was at the Manchester Apollo in 2003 and was absolutely blown away by them, here's the set list:

I've saw them several times since and have always come away with a feeling that no other band have ever given me.

Favourite Album: Kid A

Favourite Track: Lucky

Edited by Mr. Cowbell

I was at that 2003 Manchester Apollo gig too!

I saw them twice in Sydney last week, which were the 8th and 9th times I've seen them and although that Apollo gig was absolutely brilliant they're a far better live band these days.

Their live show somehow manages to appeal more to the neutral than they ever did whilst playing fewer songs that the neutrals will actually know. That's some feat but certainly seems to be the case from the various people I know in both Australia and the UK who have been dragged along to their shows without being massive fans.

I was on the rail in front of Thom for their Park Stage gig last year and it was truly special.

Edited by arcade fireman

The thing I find fascinating about this thread is almost everyone who has posted has a different favourite song! Remarkable. Shows that Radiohead really are a band who have developed over the years and are still doing stuff which is different to the older stuff. Some love the new stuff but like the older stuff less, and vicer versa. Some like me love both the older and the newer, it couldn't almost be a whole new band, but with Thoms haunting vocals still there

I am not sure if there are any other bands who can have such different views on which is their best song?

Fair play to them, don't change

... But please keep playing Fake Plastic Trees live please...

The thing I find fascinating about this thread is almost everyone who has posted has a different favourite song! Remarkable. Shows that Radiohead really are a band who have developed over the years and are still doing stuff which is different to the older stuff. Some love the new stuff but like the older stuff less, and vicer versa. Some like me love both the older and the newer, it couldn't almost be a whole new band, but with Thoms haunting vocals still there

I am not sure if there are any other bands who can have such different views on which is their best song?

Fair play to them, don't change

... But please keep playing Fake Plastic Trees live please...

Edited by Ed209

Album : ok computer

Song : let down / last flowers in the hospital / daily mail/ iron lung so hard to pick one

Weirdly I'm not that keen on kid a and amnesiac as albums but love individual songs off both. love the earlier and later ones though including king of limbs

I was at that 2003 Manchester Apollo gig too!

I saw them twice in Sydney last week, which were the 8th and 9th times I've seen them and although that Apollo gig was absolutely brilliant they're a far better live band these days.

Their live show somehow manages to appeal more to the neutral than they ever did whilst playing fewer songs that the neutrals will actually know. That's some feat but certainly seems to be the case from the various people I know in both Australia and the UK who have been dragged along to their shows without being massive fans.

I was on the rail in front of Thom for their Park Stage gig last year and it was truly special.

Would be great to see them abroad.

How did you get tickets down under? My brother (lives in melbourne) and his mates tried to get tickets but the touts had em sold out in seconds! C*nts.

Was somewhat behind you in the park that epic friday and despite a bit of rain, I could've left glasto happy that night. If only just for street spirit....

I saw them in Amsterdam in 2006 2 days before my 18th birthday.

The set from what I can remember was excellent and the venue was superb, the Heineken Music Hall it was next to Ajax's stadium the Amsterdam Arena. For some reason Ticketmaster sent me a ticket for the night that we saw them but also a ticket for the following night where they were playing another show in Amsterdam. I decided to sell the ticket outside to a tout for 50 Euros I think it only cost about 25 quid yet they never played the next day as Phil Selway's mum passed away that night. Mr. Cowbell - 1 Tout - 0.

Here's the set list for that show too:

Everything in Its Right Place

The National Anthem

15 Step

Lucky

2 + 2 = 5

Bangers + Mash

Nude

Pyramid Song

Jigsaw Falling Into Place

I Might Be Wrong

Paranoid Android

How to Disappear Completely

Karma Police

Bodysnatchers

Idioteque

No Surprises

There There

Encore:

Spooks

House of Cards

Just

You and Whose Army?

Encore 2:

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Edited by Mr. Cowbell

lovely setlist that.

Did anyone see them at Vfestival in 2006? I went to the stafford one and it was wonderful, I guess this is what you'd call a greatest hits set?

1. Airbag

2. 2 + 2 = 5

3. The National Anthem

4. My Iron Lung

5. Morning Bell

6. Fake Plastic Trees

7. The Bends

8. Videotape

9. Nude

10. The Gloaming

11. Paranoid Android

12. All I Need

13. Pyramid Song

14. Lucky

15. Just

16. Idioteque

17. Street Spirit (Fade Out)

18. Encore:

19. You and Whose Army?

20. Karma Police

21. Everything in Its Right Place

22. Encore 2:

23. Creep

I saw them at V in Chelmsford in 2006 - slightly different set list , and you got Fake Plastic Trees you lucky thing

Airbag

2 + 2 = 5

The National Anthem

My Iron Lung

You and Whose Army?

Bodysnatchers

The Bends

Nude

No Surprises

The Gloaming

Paranoid Android

All I Need

Pyramid Song

Lucky

Just

Idioteque

Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Encore:

A Wolf at the Door

There There

Karma Police

True Love Waits

Everything in Its Right Place

Encore 2:

Creep

Edited by dingbat2

lovely setlist that.

Did anyone see them at Vfestival in 2006? I went to the stafford one and it was wonderful, I guess this is what you'd call a greatest hits set?

1. Airbag

2. 2 + 2 = 5

3. The National Anthem

4. My Iron Lung

5. Morning Bell

6. Fake Plastic Trees

7. The Bends

8. Videotape

9. Nude

10. The Gloaming

11. Paranoid Android

12. All I Need