Roger waters

Guest drewsstrat

Will be doing a stadium tour starting in July through Europe where he takes the wall show to outdoor stadiums. No uk dates as yet announcement due Thursday. I think this will likely to be at start of tour as it seems to be already scheduled from jul to September

I would guess iow or GLASTO are in with shout alongside few stadiums

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No other UK dates leaked yet - last time he did 6 nights at the o2, 3 in manchester and 1 in birmingham. I think 1 at least at wembley will sell. However this leg of the tour is supposed to be very expensive to stage as the wall has been made even bigger and more technical so I wouldn't be surprised if it costs nearly as much as the stones. I really can't see him doing Glastonbury or any other festivals (unless hard rock get him).

The Wall show as it currently stands is far too big for the Glastonbury stage, at least within the confines of the Pyramid. I saw it at the O2 and it is HUGE. I can definitely see him putting it on a Wembley and hopefully Cardiff.

will that be an extension of the wall tour?

I just googled and he is just playing the whole album from start to finish in order. Dont really like these full album gigs. One of my least favourite floyd albums too.

Also, he comes across as a monumental bellend.

That being said, would be happy to see him headline glastonbury, especially if it was instead of the stones.

Do we think that he could headline? If I recall he subbed for Rod Stewart last time, plus I really can't see him doing The Wall at Glasto. As russy said it is just too large a set to play on the Pyramid. Would be absolutely brilliant to see a Floyd member headline Glasto though, my god if he was joined by Gilmour and Mason I'd actually die.

I'm amazed that they would bow to rod stewards demands like that.

some of Rod's demands were ridiculous.

I got a call from the Glasto office back then, asking me to list Rod at the top of my rumours and not Roger. So I was told, Rod had told Glasto that he'd cancel if they didn't get eFestivals to change how its rumours were listed.

There was much more going on with Rod too, all very ridiculous. I've posted about it before so won't bother with a repeat here.

I got a call from the Glasto office back then, asking me to list Rod at the top of my rumours and not Roger. So I was told, Rod had told Glasto that he'd cancel if they didn't get eFestivals to change how its rumours were listed.

There was much more going on with Rod too, all very ridiculous. I've posted about it before so won't bother with a repeat here.

Would be more than happy to see RW at Glasto again. I thoroughly enjoyed the last time he played with his surround sound deal. I remember the crowd all jumping forwards a step or two to the sound of dogs barking, was pretty special at the time, felt like they were just behind you nipping at your heels.

Of course I might have been high. Mmm ?

So your telling us that rod would have cancelled if that well known website didn't chance how rumours were listed. Hmm can someone smell something

I'm telling you that that's what Glasto told me.

I've no way of knowing for sure that it's true, but given some of the other things Rod &/or 'his people' were up to around his Glasto performance - directly onto this website - I have no problem at all in believing that that threat was made towards Glasto (tho it might have been an empty threat).