Kings Of Leon

Guest adrianro

Well, sorry to be pedantic, but Belgium isn't actually in Germany!

Anyway, the first date is the Thursday of Glastonbury. So, fly to UK on Friday, have Saturday to relax, then Headline Sunday night. After that there's 4 days to travel on to Belgium. Seems easy enough. I still hope they don't play though, as I can't stand anything apart from the first album. Plus them webbed feet banjo playin' redneck boys're fuckin' crazy as a bagful of rattlesnakes!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comment is ridiculous. In my mind:

Saw them for the first time, there boring!

Oh wait KOL are on, yeah saw them before and they were boring but hey, could of been an off day!! Come away, yeah still meh (as u put it).

Wow KOL are on the bill!!! Great!! Come away thinking, oh crap I forgot I didn't like them the first 2 times.

4th time - really?? Shall I even bother

Edited by TheParkAfterDark

Just for you sweetcheeks...

4 Easy Steps to Seeing Kings of Leon Being "Meh"

First and second time: Summer of 2004 (I think?) and saw them twice in fairly quick succession, one of these times at Glastonbury. Really looking forward to it, as I previously stated loved Youth and Young Manhood. Exactly as you said though, was a bit underwhelmed the first time and thought they'd maybe had an off day but no the second time was "meh" as well.

Third time: Fast forward a few years to 2008. Glastonbury. A couple of more albums down the line and they were well on their way to becoming the "biggest band on the planet". Girlfriend was really keen to see them and I suppose I was interested to see if they had progressed from when I had saw them a few years back. Meh.

Fourth time (Shall I even bother?): A couple of weeks after that was T in the Park. Some old friends were heading up and a spare ticket became available which was offered to me and I accepted. Now at T there really wasn't much else to do outwith the music and I didn't really feel comfortable wandering off by myself to watch acts so stuck with the group and went with the majority vote. Guess who was headlining and the rest of the group wanted to go see? Meh...

There you go. Thanks for insinuating that I was a liar in your tear stained rant for daring to say that I might have seen the mighty KOL be meh 4 times. I wonder if you'll be quite as willing to offer up an apology?

So from the consensus, I will be watching the boring, bland Kings on my own.. (unless RATM are there and I think there is more chance of me playing drums on QOTSA next album :-) if you do walk by, please refrain from throwing rotten tomatoes and other vegetables and booing me. :-)

Seen them four times never been disappointed, its true their earlier stuff is better, but that could be said for an awful lot of bands. I mean arctic monkeys have gone completely the opposite way but dont seem to get as much criticism.... I think it you have to have one safe act, and this is it.