Car parking ticket- RIP OFF!

Guest chestwig

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's as simple as this...... People will pay probably double what it costs at the moment to go to Glastonbury Festival, including myself. It's a buyers market to an extent. And I personally don't think it's overpriced. Like Benc says above, for 5 nights, thats pretty good. For a car of 5, that's only £1 a night each. A bargain to stay at the best party in the world. I'd pay it three times over.

It's not a good deal when you consider you are already paying £205 for a ticket plus booking fees for every ticket ordered.

It's pretty crappy to pay 25 euros if your car is full of people. The system at Glade is a lot better. If your car is full then you don't have to pay for parking.

Edited by Ed209

It's not a good deal when you consider you are already paying £205 for a ticket plus booking fees for every ticket ordered.

It's pretty crappy to pay 25 euros if your car is full of people. The system at Glade is a lot better. If your car is full then you don't have to pay for parking.

By far the most crippling thing for the surrounding areas is the amount of cars that arrive for the weekend.

The car park prices, if I remember, are also pushed up by the landowners asking for more money from the festival to use their land, though may be wrong about this.

We wil be using coach next year for first time. Combination of car breaking down last year and knowledge my better half can't pack as much stuff if we're going by coach mean I'm happy to do so. Also, I'd imagine there might be a good atmosphere on the coaches as well.

The fact is that Glasto is by the far the best festival about (IMO), but in many ways location wise its a bit of a nightmare for all concerned. Now I do not know all the details, however they offset so much money to local causes and the like, and more to global and environmental problems that the amount of traffic and carbon monoxide emissions has a very negative image on the festival.

In the licence they agreed they have to be seen as addressing the problem. This will, if not done so effect in the future of being granted the licence.

Plus in my view there is no logic in complaining how much the 'overall cost' is when you could have let someone else who wanted to attend go instead...

Edited by elbongo

For us coming from Glasgow the return tickets on the national express coach are £97 each - so for the two of us to travel by coach it will cost £194.

Alternatively bringing the car will cost around £120 in fuel (800 mile round trip x 15p per mile) plus £25 for the parking pass, so quite a bit cheaper. Even if I revise upwards the cost of making the journey to 20p per mile it's still cheaper to take the car!

So in other words the coach doesn't seem to be offering particularly good value compared with driving down ourselves, despite the fact our car (at the moment anyway) is only going to be 2/5 full. When you consider all the advantages of having your own car down there (e.g. leave and arrive when you want, store stuff in it and bring it out as you need it, good place to keep extra clothes in the event it's a mudfest) it becomes a no-brainer.

Yes I know it's likely we'll get caught in hours of traffic on the first day of the fest, but once that's done and dusted then it soon becomes a distant memory.

Edited by Jie Bie