Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

I dont reckon there is a chance in hell it'll be 100k plus.

Chase & Status will get a big crowd.

Mumfords will get the biggest crowd of the weekend, I would bet my undercrackers on it.

I think the Stones will get a crowd to rival Stevie.

Chase and Status will get a very considerable crowd! and the festival obviously see them as a go to band to pull big numbers, as they placed them up against U2 last time round, and they packed out the west holts stage i believe.

Also agree that I think Mumfords will get the biggest crowd, as there is no huge draw against them, and they are flavour of the month.

Chase and Status will get a very considerable crowd! and the festival obviously see them as a go to band to pull big numbers, as they placed them up against U2 last time round, and they packed out the west holts stage i believe.

Also agree that I think Mumfords will get the biggest crowd, as there is no huge draw against them, and they are flavour of the month.

Aye that's my thoughts too. Plus public enemy will get a crowd too (think they are saturday anyway)

Chase and Status will get a very considerable crowd! and the festival obviously see them as a go to band to pull big numbers, as they placed

them up against U2 last time round, and they

packed out the west holts stage i believe.

Cee Lo Green was up against U2 in West Holts. I left them to go and see him - he brightened things up in the pissing rain.

you just KNOW it is going to be pissing down for the stones, but glorious sunshine all day leading into mumfords. It is inevitable.

Mumford's might actually have some success in the rain. That frat-folk crew are a resilient bunch in listening to them to begin with.

Stones will fall on its arse if it pishes down.

Emotional Rescue Watch

A track that now needs someone to come to its rescue.

Otherwise - Holy shit:

1 - Get Off Of my Cloud

2 - IORR

3 - Paint it Black

4 - Gimme Shelter

5 - All Down the Line

6 - Far Away Eyes

7 - Sway with Mick Taylor

8 - Doom and Gloom

9 - One More Shot

10 - Can´t You Hear me Knocking with Mick Taylor

11 - Honky Tonk Women

12 - You Got the Silver - Keith

13 - Before They Make me Run - Keith

14 - Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor

15 - Miss You

16 - Start me Up

17 - Tumbling Dice

18 - Brown Sugar

19 - Sympathy for the Devil

Encore

20 - You Can´t Always Get What You Want

21 - Jumping Jack Flash

22 - Satisfaction with Mick Taylor

Taylor now doing four tracks. This was the one to be at.

To those who were there in 2000, how many would you say were in the field for Bowie? Was watching the footage at the V&A yesterday and that field looked rammed to the gills. Although wasn't that year overcrowded anyway?

I dont recall it being any more rammed than normal, but I normally try and get quite close if I go see the pyramid headliners so it always seems rammed to me

I dont reckon it would have been massively over crowded though, as bowie didnt really have the adoration he has now back then. The 90s werent particularly kind to him, with the albums being relatively poorly received. I dont recall being massively excited about seeing him, and I dont think it would have taken much for us to be elsewhere on site. And I get the impression a lot of people were the same.

Then of course he walked on stage looking like the coolest man on the planet, opened with wild is the wind, into china girl, into changes, into life on mars, into absolute beginners, into ashes to ashes, into rebel rebel etc etc.... it was absolutely bedlam where I was stood. Overwhelming stuff.

Then the encore of ziggy stardust into heroes into lets dance. It brought the house down.

My only complaint was him ending on bloody i'm afraid of americans rather than 5 years. If I could revisit a glastonbury headline gig I reckon I'd pick that one...though radiohead 2003 was also up there for me.

I dont recall it being any more rammed than normal, but I normally try and get quite close if I go see the pyramid headliners so it always seems rammed to me

I dont reckon it would have been massively over crowded though, as bowie didnt really have the adoration he has now back then. The 90s werent particularly kind to him, with the albums being relatively poorly received. I dont recall being massively excited about seeing him, and I dont think it would have taken much for us to be elsewhere on site. And I get the impression a lot of people were the same.

Then of course he walked on stage looking like the coolest man on the planet, opened with wild is the wind, into china girl, into changes, into life on mars, into absolute beginners, into ashes to ashes, into rebel rebel etc etc.... it was absolutely bedlam where I was stood. Overwhelming stuff.

Then the encore of ziggy stardust into heroes into lets dance. It brought the house down.

My only complaint was him ending on bloody i'm afraid of americans rather than 5 years. If I could revisit a glastonbury headline gig I reckon I'd pick that one...though radiohead 2003 was also up there for me.

One of your finest posts in ages. Until this last bit. Ugh.

One of your finest posts in ages. Until this last bit. Ugh.

haha flaming lips followed by radiohead in the blazing sunshine. Wonderful times.

The irish have an irrational hatred of radiohead I've noticed. Why??? Because thom yorke is the epitome of a w*nky english tit?

haha flaming lips followed by radiohead in the blazing sunshine. Wonderful times.

The irish have an irrational hatred of radiohead I've noticed. Why??? Because thom yorke is the epitome of a w*nky english tit?

Huh? Theres a cadre of punters here that only listen to Radiohead. Maybe me and (certainly) The Nal find them irritating.

I don't particularly mind them. Saw them the week after Glasters in '97 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Nothing sexy about them though is there? Its not "Saturday night" music. Think thats one thing about 'em I've noticed.

Anyway - dont wanna hi-jack the Caladonian's thread.

:D

Huh? Theres a cadre of punters here that only listen to Radiohead. Maybe me and (certainly) The Nal find them irritating.

I don't particularly mind them. Saw them the week after Glasters in '97 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Nothing sexy about them though is there? Its not "Saturday night" music. Think thats one thing about 'em I've noticed.

Anyway - dont wanna hi-jack the Caladonian's thread.

:D

you and the nal are the only irish I "know" :lol: so you are representative of the whole nation I'm afraid (gawd help ireland..)

but yes, back to the stones...have I ever mentioned they were poop in isle of wight? :sarcastic:

If Radiohead brought out records in the 1970s and they were all groovey with long hair and took titanic amounts of acid me and The Nal'd love 'em.

The Irish love 'em primarily cause theyve been regular vistors over here and really put in a shift to counterbalance the knuckledragging horde of Oasis fans here in the late 90's. Kids nowadays have local bands to follow. Kodaline fr'instance. Couldnt name you a single tune of theirs yet they sell out great venues in ten minutes. Irish music scene is as healthy as a pig in poo at the mo.

If Radiohead brought out records in the 1970s and they were all groovey with long hair and took titanic amounts of acid me and The Nal'd love 'em.

The Irish love 'em primarily cause theyve been regular vistors over here and really put in a shift to counterbalance the knuckledragging horde of Oasis fans here in the late 90's. Kids nowadays have local bands to follow. Kodaline fr'instance. Couldnt name you a single tune of theirs yet they sell out great venues in ten minutes. Irish music scene is as healthy as a pig in poo at the mo.

yikes I've never even heard of kodaline, but a google image search tells me all I need to know.

But but but... It's Bowie?! I would have thought he'd get a bigger crowd than thee Stones. Perhaps that's just because I can't think of anyone else I would see instead though. Even Nick Cave.

It's just a matter of supply and demand. If the Stones hadn't played a gig in 20 years and Bowie had spent the last decade criss-crossing the globe playing anywhere that'd have him you'd have slightly different appetites and anticipations for the Stones to regroup and play again.

It's just a matter of supply and demand. If the Stones hadn't played a gig in 20 years and Bowie had spent the last decade criss-crossing the globe playing anywhere that'd have him you'd have slightly different appetites and anticipations for the Stones to regroup and play again.

Good point. I think it will be very busy for the Stones anyway, unless it pisses down.