New Muse album

Guest Ed209

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not snobby, just my tastes. No ones right or wrong just what I like and not like. Its why I stay away from arena shows, although seeing radiohead in one in a couple of weeks.

Although im certain they wont get the glitter balls or midgets in drag to put on a SHOW.

Thanks for the link. Just giving it a run through.

I was all set up to hate it, but Panic Station and Animals I have really enjoyed so far. I will give it a few listens.

Their albums can be summed up as:

1<2=3>4>5

I will wait form an opinion on this album, the last 2 had a few good tracks but were declining in quality.

This album, like the last, is definitely sounding more and more like late era queen.

Oh, and it has some REALLY good bass :P

It's had 2 full listens and some random track sampling here and I'd say on this basis it is better than I'd hoped for but suffers from the same problem as the last 2 albums: A couple of good songs, a couple of singles that would be crowd pleasers live and alot of self-indulgent twaddle.

I saw their glastonbury 2010 headline set (when I wasn't really keen because of the previous 2 albums) and thoroughly enjoyed it without it being life changing. Friends who watched it on telly were more impressed than I was, in fact. I respect their ability to perform and can see that this album has a few songs that will do well live.

Panic Stations and Animals are definitely the stand out tracks for my taste. The closing lines and end of Animals really works for me.

Will give it another play through later, see how I feel about it then.

I know you didn't ask me but...

John Paul Jones, Geddy Lee, Justin Chancellor, Flea, John Entwistle, John Myung, Gary Mounfield, Phill Lynott, Les Claypool. Hell even Sir Paul McCartney.

Edit: Just realised you said over the last 10 years meaning bands that form in 2002 or later? I can't think of any good bass players from that era to be honest.

I think we are getting bogged down in semantics now lol!

All I'm asking is what recent bass players would people rate...anybody actually care to answer yet or will we go around the houses again?

I'm aware this sounds abit arsey now but I don't mean it as an attack I'm just in a bad mood in general lol.

I think we are getting bogged down in semantics now lol!

All I'm asking is what recent bass players would people rate...anybody actually care to answer yet or will we go around the houses again?

I'm aware this sounds abit arsey now but I don't mean it as an attack I'm just in a bad mood in general lol.