New Muse album

Guest Ed209

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to the whole album now and shock horror...I like it.

Explorers is probably the weak point for me and despite the fact I like The 2nd Law duo at the end I could have lived without them on there.

Was strange at first hearing Chris sing first,almost like another band,but once it got going you could hear the Muse sound.Liquid State is a beast though,looking forward to that live.

Overall,really happy.Better then Resistance,which I also liked,and on a par with Black Holes,few more listens and it might top Absolution.

Against my better judgement I've given in and got rear view seats for the O2 in the members pre sale today. (I can live with 30 quid to hear the hits again :P).

So will give The 2nd Law another listen tonight, I didn't really get into Muse until I saw them live (V:08), I liked a few singles but never gave them much thought. So i am hoping a few tracks off the 2nd law are a bit like Starlight or Map of the Problematiique that you see live and your just like WOW! I did like bits of it in places (some brilliant ideas), but it all jumped around a bit much maybe I just need a few listens to get it.

Live wise, they will never be as good for me personally as that V show, it was my first sort of big gig really and they blew me away with the set and epicness but I did enjoy the last arena tour, Glasto was epic for me was i was 3 rows from the front and it was my first glasto.

The last wembley show were a bit meh for me, but my dad came along and we stood near the back of standing and I am gutted I didn't get a day ticket for the OoS show at reading :( (Considering its my favorite Muse album)

I like most of Muse's stuff. I like this album.

I don't know why we're arguing - just be glad there are bands like Muse who just do their thing the way they want to and don't pander to a 'market' some c**t has dreamt up.

For every fan they've annoyed there will be another who appreciates them going somewhere else. I don't think they give a shit and fans of artists shouldn't really consider themselves stakeholders who influence the creators of things they've previously liked. I Think it's a result of the Internet and easy entertainment being a catalyst for the me me me culture - the self entitlement when it comes to art is quite staggering. If its art, it's not meant to be anything other than exp<b></b>ression, so yeah, let them do what they like, it's their band.

Perhaps the modern cynicism and people's gloomy attitude also puts a pair of rose tinted specs on people and yearn for the nostalgic and familiar when things were better but really that's projection talking. Just let it go.

Edited this fucker so many times - stupid phone.

Edited by Purple Monkey