New Muse album

Guest Ed209

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me now this album is up there with Absolution as their greatest work.In time it may creep into the number one postion.

I love that Chris is now taking lead vocals and opens up so many possibilities for the future.

I can't help but think that the album has a movie soundtrack type feel to it,it really wouldn't surprise me to hear any of the songs used for trailers and other things.It has that epic big feel to it.

After the Resistance I didn't have high hopes for this album, in fact I only listed it a couple of days ago however I'm really getting into it now and playing it constantly.

It's very different sound from their earlier albums and it might not be on caliber of origin or black holes, however I'm still enjoying it

They didnt play Plug in Baby at the last show (Paris) Which I was quite suprised about!! It was replaced by Bliss, so dont expect PiB to be at every show this tour tongue.png

I know this isnt the same as dropping the song forever as youre suggesting, just interesting as I believe it was the first time since they first played it live that they dropped it.

Edited by LondonTom

You see - I'd put Resistance at the moment. I was so disappointed with that tour as well that I had no interest in getting tickets for their upcoming tour. (Plus, it was quite limited in terms of venues to!)

Last time I went to a Muse gig (in Sheffield, oddly!) we got there just as doors opened, waited for the queue to go down and legged it inside. My Muse obsessed friend queued from 5am in the morning girl_to_take_umbrage.gif which I didn't understand and was so offended when I said I disliked liked it. Now - I love music, gigs and the vibe you get from fans of a band - but sure enough, when I said I wasn't 100% sure about The 2nd Law she questioned my hearing ability! So odd...

And an unrelated story for you to get you to 5pm!

In my mind my enjoyment of Oasis changed.The first two albums were music for 'the people' and captured a generation if you were there but their later work I was more into their softer moments and more Noel led songs.I think Noel is a very understated and accomplished musician and liked his more reflective moments.The opposite to what he made his name from.

In my mind my enjoyment of Oasis changed.The first two albums were music for 'the people' and captured a generation if you were there but their later work I was more into their softer moments and more Noel led songs.I think Noel is a very understated and accomplished musician and liked his more reflective moments.The opposite to what he made his name from.

Oasis have been hit & miss for me. I was a young child in the 90s (I'm 24 now, so a young child) but I did save up all my pocket money to buy Morning Glory on cassette to play in my Sony Walkman. After that I just feel like nothing can compare to their first two albums. I have brought most of their albums - and love many songs on each album. Just nothing which you can go 'That's a great album' with (if that makes sense?)

Radiohead however - must be one of my favorite bands ever.

Apparently Muse want to play Knebworth next year - Neil, any info on this (I only ask because I'm over eager but thanks all the same if you have none) :)

In NME this week, Matt Bellamy said "Next? There's always Knebworth."

I really hope they do play, I've never been to Knebworth and I'd love to go as Muse playing would mean I'm basically there! ;)