New Muse album

Guest Ed209

Problem is it's the only places some of these bands will go. My Dad used to go watch The Clash in some small venue, where you basically stood on top of the band for about £3. Now even to see someone shite you would have to pay through the nose and stand a mile away. Yay. I wonder how long it'll be before people have had enough and the bottom falls out of arena gigs. It can't keep going on like this.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might it also be that Absolution has strong associations with a time of your life? I know that is the case with me, but I think that many, many people, myself included would agree with what you are saying. Absolution was (so far) the peak of their career. They haven't completely lost it yet, each album has positive elements and some good songs, but nothing that stands as a great album as much as the first 3 albums (or to be honest the 2nd and 3rd).

Might it also be that Absolution has strong associations with a time of your life? I know that is the case with me, but I think that many, many people, myself included would agree with what you are saying. Absolution was (so far) the peak of their career. They haven't completely lost it yet, each album has positive elements and some good songs, but nothing that stands as a great album as much as the first 3 albums (or to be honest the 2nd and 3rd).

Bands should play there new stuff, especially when they have outgrown them albums. Radiohead dont do much from the first 2 albums, bjork doesnt its only bands like oasis who were still stuck in the mid 90s that did.

So in some ways muse should forget those albums or maybe do 1 song of each, it might drive alot of there fans away but im sure muse dont give a shit.

Bands should play there new stuff, especially when they have outgrown them albums. Radiohead dont do much from the first 2 albums, bjork doesnt its only bands like oasis who were still stuck in the mid 90s that did.

So in some ways muse should forget those albums or maybe do 1 song of each, it might drive alot of there fans away but im sure muse dont give a shit.

Yeah, as Kaosmark2 says, I think the majority would hold up OOS as their pinnacle, but for me the associations with absolution for me make it the more important album in my own life (It was the last album I shared a close connection with with someone who passed away, so it is one of a small number of albums from that era which form a particular and very specific soundtrack for me).

I haven't made any effort to get hold of the new album apart from listening a few times to the linked stream, but might do in the coming days, my final assessment is that it isn't as dire as the first 3 tracks I heard from it over the last few weeks had led me to expect and might grow on me in time.

Yeah, as Kaosmark2 says, I think the majority would hold up OOS as their pinnacle, but for me the associations with absolution for me make it the more important album in my own life (It was the last album I shared a close connection with with someone who passed away, so it is one of a small number of albums from that era which form a particular and very specific soundtrack for me).

I haven't made any effort to get hold of the new album apart from listening a few times to the linked stream, but might do in the coming days, my final assessment is that it isn't as dire as the first 3 tracks I heard from it over the last few weeks had led me to expect and might grow on me in time.

Indeed, I do wish I had seen more of Showbiz live brilliant album. ...They did play New Born at itunes with Matt they weren't going play many more OoS songs but they quite like that one still. (So hopefully that at least stays in the setlist).

Not sure where I stand on a band being free to not to play old old stuff. More often than not the new stuff is no where near as good. I do understand on the album promo tour but after that, it should be nice a collection of songs from the entire history of the band. (I'd be more impressed if they dropped the hits from those older albums and played some of the album tracks instead.)

They also did Plug In Baby so two from OOS,only Time Is Running Out from Absolution aswell which I thought was interesting.Was only a short set though so not going to read to much into it.The fact The 2nd Law was being released the next day and the gig was sponsored by iTunes and streamed made it an obvious perfect showcase for the album on a massive scale.

Did look good during the itunes gig, even though it was still a high production, I feel the lower than usual for them visuals gave it a more old school feel. The new songs do sound quite good live, still love Panic Station, its just ridiculous. Gutted that Stockholm seems to be one of the dropped songs though.

Did look good during the itunes gig, even though it was still a high production, I feel the lower than usual for them visuals gave it a more old school feel. The new songs do sound quite good live, still love Panic Station, its just ridiculous. Gutted that Stockholm seems to be one of the dropped songs though.

For me, the album has a lot of 'skip' tracks. I dislike Madness and Survival, I wish unsustainable didn't have the annoying news reporter in it! But there are a lot of good tracks on the album. I love Panic Station and Explorers. But not there best album but I think that may always be the case when you have Absolution in your previous albums.