WWE

lharris92

5 hours ago, jump said:

The "shake up" was a bit shit. The calls up will probably be lost in the shuffle, Paige leaving is a shame as she was doing a good job by focusing on the show/wrestlers rather than it being about her (unlike The Authority) and it's seemed abit stupid that people were cheering Vince when he was blaming Corbin for the Raw ratings.

It's good to see Mustafa on Smackdown, some of the 205 guys are wasted on that show and hopefully more cruiserweights can get a call up.

Ali has improved more than anyone in the last 12 months. He deserves his call up. When he first started in 205 live he was very bland, but it shows people can improve. I would also like to see Murphy and Gulak get a chance on main roster.

38 minutes ago, jump said:

It's odd tho as those two have had great matches in the past. The only thing I can think of is they were saving stuff for the eventual rematches.

I think Rollins psychology has always been questionable and it was a continuation of this. He is a Babyface wronged by his best friend and just locks up like a normal match.

• Upvote 1

I agree about this shake up thing.

It's great we're getting call ups from NXT but the guys over the last 2 years that have moved up have done next to nothing.

Paige isn't leaving but her role is changing? To what?

Also Vince will only be around for a year as he'll soon have XFL on his plate again.

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Kenny Omega will come to WWE, win the Royal Rumble in his debut match and then beat Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania :ninja: 

I reckon Omega goes to NXT, gets called John Derek with the gimmick of he likes to wear black trunks, two years later he gets called up to the main roster where his greatest achievement is challenging Jinder Mahal for the US Title and losing on the pre-show for The Great Balls of Fire ppv.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:46 PM, pink_triangle said:

If that's a mania match it won't main event 

The women's title is headlining mania this year, the writing has been on the wall for quite some time now

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:46 PM, pink_triangle said:

If that's a mania match it won't main event 

There's normally 3-4 "main events" at 'mania, I'm sure they would call that match a main event too. I always laugh at the Royal Rumble winner winning a main event title shot at 'main and then not be the last match on.

8 minutes ago, jump said:

There's normally 3-4 "main events" at 'mania, I'm sure they would call that match a main event too. I always laugh at the Royal Rumble winner winning a main event title shot at 'main and then not be the last match on.

They call it the main event, but to me the true main event is nearly always the match that goes on last. No way is the smackdown title going on last.

19 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

They call it the main event, but to me the true main event is nearly always the match that goes on last. No way is the smackdown title going on last.

I wouldn't be so sure the Smackdown title wouldn't go on last at 'mania. For Cena to break Flair's record he will need the Smackdown title as the lineage doesn't run through the Universal title and if they are gonna break that record it may as well be at 'mania.

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

It has to be! What else have they got going on at the moment. Becky and Ronda are the main attractions.

I think they should, no one else is no where near as over them but there are/have been rumours of Batista, The Rock and Shawn Michaels coming back.

If you put one of them up against Brock for the title (tho personally I'd rather see Drew, Braun or Seth get the rub from him taking down) and it's hard to say they haven't got more star power.

11 hours ago, jump said:

I think they should, no one else is no where near as over them but there are/have been rumours of Batista, The Rock and Shawn Michaels coming back.

If you put one of them up against Brock for the title (tho personally I'd rather see Drew, Braun or Seth get the rub from him taking down) and it's hard to say they haven't got more star power.

Rock was supposed win Rumble and face Roman so that's probably being put back. Unless they can't get Rock any other time and they shoehorn him in somewhere.

On 1/4/2019 at 11:29 PM, Andre91 said:

Kenny Omega will come to WWE, win the Royal Rumble in his debut match and then beat Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania :ninja: 

Isn't he under contract to NJPW until 1st Feb even though he won't perform there again now, that is, if he even goes WWE, but he may as well go and make some money. 

I watched Impact Homecoming last night. I know there's hardly any impact viewers on here but again it was a solid show, it wasn't up there with some of their best stuff from last year but it was way better than most WWE PPV's. They need a few new faces in there though now, the roster is the same core guys and they need to shake it up a little bit. 

BTW shocked im on here and no one is talking AEW. Im interested to see what they do here, hoping its a success, I want all promotions to do well. Be nice if theres more competition out there so WWE can't keep stockpiling wrestlers and not using them, its my biggest grievance. 

The other thing, I see social media is full of hatred towards Hogan, he made a mistake, he's been off TV for years, he's paid for it, just let the guy appear and stop giving him shit, most people I think are moaning cus they think its the cool thing to do I think. If he was to die in a month everyone would be falling over themselves to write legend on social media, just get over it. 

Anyway lets hope we all see lots of great wrestling in 2019!

9 hours ago, luckysalt said:

BTW shocked im on here and no one is talking AEW. Im interested to see what they do here, hoping its a success, I want all promotions to do well. Be nice if theres more competition out there so WWE can't keep stockpiling wrestlers and not using them, its my biggest grievance. 

The other thing, I see social media is full of hatred towards Hogan, he made a mistake, he's been off TV for years, he's paid for it, just let the guy appear and stop giving him shit, most people I think are moaning cus they think its the cool thing to do I think. If he was to die in a month everyone would be falling over themselves to write legend on social media, just get over it. 

Agree very much with both points.

I hope AEW picks up, it would be healthy competition for WWE. Besides wwe roster is now is huge, that a good portion of talent are lost in shuffle and are not being utilized well. If AEW can get few wrestlers from WWE, it might be a better platform to establish themselves.

I agree with Hogan's case, people should move forward after all he's still the biggest legend in the industry. 

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Isn't he under contract to NJPW until 1st Feb even though he won't perform there again now, that is, if he even goes WWE, but he may as well go and make some money. 

He is but people reckon it'll be like AJ where WWE worked out some kind of deal to get him in quicker. 

10 hours ago, luckysalt said:

I watched Impact Homecoming last night. I know there's hardly any impact viewers on here but again it was a solid show, it wasn't up there with some of their best stuff from last year but it was way better than most WWE PPV's. They need a few new faces in there though now, the roster is the same core guys and they need to shake it up a little bit. 

I've said before in this thread AEW has a lot of potential, it hasn't got the stain of TNA and it has the biggest faction in wrestling today. Apparently Goldberg is joining them too which is bit of headscratcher since he's not an indy type wrestler like the Elite. My only concern with wrestlers owning their own promotion is how they will put other/new talent over as it could just be like WCW where the top guys are self promoted. I'm only saying that as I remember at All In the Young Bucks were headlining even tho other matches seemed more main event to me.

Tbh I was never really a Hogan fan and couldn't care either way. Maybe I'm too young to remember Hulkamania/Bash at The Beach heel turn and my head was filled with the c**t Hogan who refused to put others over by the time I paid attention. The only match of his I remember watching with genuine excitement was the Rock 'mania match, even the Lesnar or Michaels matches were a bit meh to me.

This made laugh, Dean Ambrose has been selling Rollins finisher for 15 mins in the ring at live shows, he just lays there knocked out.

https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/dean-ambrose-sells-seth-rollins-finisher-for-15-minutes-after-wwe-live-event-ends/

Edited by jump

2 hours ago, A-Rob said:

Agree very much with both points.

I hope AEW picks up, it would be healthy competition for WWE. Besides wwe roster is now is huge, that a good portion of talent are lost in shuffle and are not being utilized well. If AEW can get few wrestlers from WWE, it might be a better platform to establish themselves.

I agree with Hogan's case, people should move forward after all he's still the biggest legend in the industry. 

I think a new company should look to be a viable alternative rather than true competition. Trying to compete could result in a company which loses a lot of money.  It would be great if there was some true competition as Im sure it would result in WWE upping their game, I just don't think its likely.

Hogan has never been popular with the workrate fans however the truth is he could get more over doing a pose than many internet darlings have nearly killing themselves. Its funny how many people who watched late 80s/early 90s WWF claim they hated Hogan and were more of a Flair fan, I suspect a decent proportion are making this up.