WWE

lharris92

Mixed feelings on last night for me.

Why did the tag match not count to the overall score? The men's elimination was painful booking. Samoa Joe went out first, Shane O'Mac lasted till the end. Well he is the best wrestler in the world. 205 match was awesome again, Seth and Nakamura took a while but ended great, Charlotte heel turn! Been waiting months for them to do this, very well executed, Ronda took a hell of a beating. Lesnar match was going the way I didn't want it to but they managed to turn it around and actually have a decent one.If you were ever in any doubt about who is the A show then make sure you watch this one

Edit: oh yeah, Drake Maverick pissed himself haha

Edited by WS_Jack_III

3 minutes ago, jump said:

I haven't watched SS yet but apparently Enzo Amore was in the crowd causing trouble to the point he had to be kicked out by security,  WWE have banned him from all future event. Also Liv Morgan who used to date Enzo is getting a restraining order against him.

oh yeah! I missed it live but we saw on twitter. Liv was tweeting something about it too. I think he's lost the plot. He was cutting a promo on an imaginary mic in the crowd.

48 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

oh yeah! I missed it live but we saw on twitter. Liv was tweeting something about it too. I think he's lost the plot. He was cutting a promo on an imaginary mic in the crowd.

People reckon he's trying to hype up his rap album, he was apparently leaving flyers on people's cars for his gig. Since he's got a potential WWE audience who knows him to sell the album to and he's hated by the higher up at WWE so there's no chance of him coming back anyway it could have been a gamble that pays off like the DX's  invasion of WCW.

Tbh I really enjoyed Enzo & Big Cass as a team and when Enzo went to 205, if they weren't such pricks I'd like to see them back as they offered characters and entertainment that would be perfect midcard fodder. I remember when they just got called up I was at the UK Raw show and they got probably the biggest pop of the night despite being new to the roster.

Edited by jump

1 hour ago, jump said:

People reckon he's trying to hype up his rap album, he was apparently leaving flyers on people's cars for his gig. Since he's got a potential WWE audience who knows him to sell the album to and he's hated by the higher up at WWE so there's no chance of him coming back anyway it could have been a gamble that pays off like the DX's  invasion of WCW.

Tbh I really enjoyed Enzo & Big Cass as a team and when Enzo went to 205, if they weren't such pricks I'd like to see them back as they offered characters and entertainment that would be perfect midcard fodder. I remember when they just got called up I was at the UK Raw show and they got probably the biggest pop of the night despite being new to the roster.

They should have got the tag titles. 

I always liked the Enzo character. That time he slated the whole of the 205 roster in the ring was gold. 

Shame he's apparently human trash.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

I've gotten around to watching most of Wargames & SS, there's some matches I just can't be bothered with.

Velveteen Dream keeps on impressing me, to me he's someone who should be main eventing and it's hard to imagine someone who keeps losing as much he does keeps being over. However I see him being one of those NXT call ups that fail on the main roster as his character doesn't gel with the writers.

Good match from Nakamura and Rollins. I've forgotten Nakamura can put on good matches as he has seemed to be on 2nd gear for most of his WWE and NXT run. 

Women's Raw vs Smackdown was messy but enjoyable. I particularly liked Carmella dancing and moonwalk DDT to pop the crowd, Asuka vs Banks was the highlight but I don't like how Nia is getting rewarded for her botch with Becky by getting booed which is a weird if you think about it.

Men's Raw vs Smackdown was ok but didn't really do much for me. I liked how Miz kept getting Shane to take jumps and throw him at people so he can run off. It also looks like Samoa Joe has become the new Bray Wyatt, someone who is meant to be a dangerous big name but loses so many times you can't take them seriously anymore.

I found the match between the tag team champs mediocre. I've lost interest in AOP now, why are they being managed by Spud instead of Paul Ellering? It makes no sense to me and spots like pissing themselves don't fit with them. The Raw tag division needs a complete overhaul, 

Flair vs Ronda was great, it was odd as the match was full of technical wrestling style counters and reversal despite it being more of a brawl type match. However it feels like it was the exact match Becky and Ronda were meant to have and they couldn't be bothered to change it up or Ronda wouldn't be able handle a complete change. It's a shame as it'll probably lead to Charlotte becoming "The Man" now and Becky goes back to where she was 6 months ago. I'm also pretty sure Ronda popped her blood capsule to early which is why she was drippling red from her mouth.

Brock vs Bryan was a good, the comeback was a great tease but it's one of those matches I will never watch again. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

but I don't like how Nia is getting rewarded for her botch with Becky by getting booed which is a weird if you think about it.

I think if you are WWE you have to go along with it. They have a load of capable female wrestlers who aren't over, if you can use what happened to get someone over then it benefits the whole roster.

1 hour ago, jump said:

Men's Raw vs Smackdown was ok but didn't really do much for me. I liked how Miz kept getting Shane to take jumps and throw him at people so he can run off. It also looks like Samoa Joe has become the new Bray Wyatt, someone who is meant to be a dangerous big name but loses so many times you can't take them seriously anymore.

I liked how they used it to push Drew, they are doing a great job with him in my view. I don't like how strong Shane is made to look compared to some of the other wrestlers.

1 hour ago, jump said:

I found the match between the tag team champs mediocre. I've lost interest in AOP now, why are they being managed by Spud instead of Paul Ellering? It makes no sense to me and spots like pissing themselves don't fit with them. The Raw tag division needs a complete overhaul, 

I liked the tag match. I don't really understand why AOP need Drake Maverick.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I think if you are WWE you have to go along with it. They have a load of capable female wrestlers who aren't over, if you can use what happened to get someone over then it benefits the whole roster.

I liked how they used it to push Drew, they are doing a great job with him in my view. I don't like how strong Shane is made to look compared to some of the other wrestlers.

I liked the tag match. I don't really understand why AOP need Drake Maverick.

I'm not disagreeing with them doing it as it makes sense to do so, I just don't like how she's being rewarded for another sloppy injury she's caused.

I'm not sure if you're implying it or not in that way but there's certainly multiple female wrestlers who are over. For example Sasha has been consistently over with the fans but has never had a real run with the belt, much like Becky was before she got the belt if they give her a real push she'd take off. The real problem for the women's division imo is the roster is too big which is why time being spent on someone like Nia is annoying to me.

You make it sound like Shane hasn't just won the best wrestler in the world tournament ;) TBH I'm just glad he generally loses most of his matches he's been in since he's come back.

Edited by jump

9 minutes ago, jump said:

Has he managed to stay sober since the DDP documentary? The last I heard got into a fight with the British Bulldog's son at Wrestlemania.

Yeah that wasn't booze related. Daveys son wasn't happy about something Jake said about Davey on some podcast.

As far as I know hes still sober and healthy. 

2 hours ago, jump said:

I'm not sure if you're implying it or not in that way but there's certainly multiple female wrestlers who are over. For example Sasha has been consistently over with the fans but has never had a real run with the belt, much like Becky was before she got the belt if they give her a real push she'd take off. The real problem for the women's division imo is the roster is too big which is why time being spent on someone like Nia is annoying to me.

I probably mean more from the heel perspective. They need some strong female villains to make people care about the babyfaces.  Nia is a believable opponent for Rousey which many of the other are not.

2 hours ago, jump said:

You make it sound like Shane hasn't just won the best wrestler in the world tournament ;) TBH I'm just glad he generally loses most of his matches he's been in since he's come back.

I still feel Shane kicks out of stuff that a lot of the upper mid carders would not. At his age he should be a pretty easy win for half the roster.

17 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I probably mean more from the heel perspective. They need some strong female villains to make people care about the babyfaces.  Nia is a believable opponent for Rousey which many of the other are not.

It's too late for that, Ronda is effectively the new Brock or Reigns where she will beat the entire roster and be protected. 

13 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

The worst thing about Survivor Series was this brand supremacy bollocks, they try it every year and nobody believes in the rivalry.

Yeah it's bollocks, I like the concept just for the champ vs champ matches tho. The last two have actually been worth it as they have managed to get Brock to actually work for his paycheck. 

58 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

That's a good reason why he isn't with Ellering, but still not a good reason to put with Drake.

Who else could they go with?

I did find it weird though considering he is currently 205 GM too. I can't tell you how many times I've said "[insert wrestler name] has done nothing since moving from NXT to the main roster." by the way.

6 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Who else could they go with?

I did find it weird though considering he is currently 205 GM too. I can't tell you how many times I've said "[insert wrestler name] has done nothing since moving from NXT to the main roster." by the way.

From a storyline perspective why would AOP listen to him. He is small, been around less than they have and managerial experience.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

From a storyline perspective why would AOP listen to him. He is small, been around less than they have and managerial experience.

He promised to get them to the top and he's delivered through dealing with Corbin. He's a GM for one of the shows so has pull in the company.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

9 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

AOP are with Drake and not Paul because Ellering didn't wanna work a full time schedule.

Supposedly the brand split is coming to an end soon with the Fox deal coming into play. Raw and SDL weren't great this week. 

I enjoyed Smackdown myself. Orton v Rey was good, Flair promo and beating on the Iiconics was fun (although her beating on other heels isn't great for selling herself as a heel now) and Bryan promo was genuinely interesting.

I'm not sure how the brand split will work, apparently Smackdown is gonna be live on Fridays and Raw is gonna on Monday whilst still working house shows so there may not be much crossovers which would defeat the point on ending the brand split.

Apparently The Elite, Jim Ross and Chris Jericho aren't going to WWE and instead are setting up their own promotion.  That could be interesting as they are probably the only group who can pick up a big enough following to challenge WWE but with the Fox deal WWE are about to start picking things up in a big way so it's probably the worst time to launch a new promotion.