Films

Rufus Gwertigan

As far Oriental films...

Old Boy

Memories Of Murder

Infernal Affairs (Far superior than The Departed)

The Good The Bad The Weird

Zatoichi

3 Iron

Are all well worth checking out.

All good choices. Only one I haven't seen is 3 iron.

And you can't talk about Oriental films that are superior to The Departed without mentioning Itchi The Killer.

Memento is by far my favourite Nolan film. One of my all time favourite films.

Sunshine I actually like. The last 30 minutes are pretty bad though. It was a solid Sci-Fi film until it went on Autopilot when they found out an astronaut was still alive.

As far Oriental films...

Old Boy

Memories Of Murder

Infernal Affairs (Far superior than The Departed)

The Good The Bad The Weird

Zatoichi

3 Iron

Are all well worth checking out.

Brotherhood is good and one that I cant remember the name of. Some woman in it. I really need to put some thought in my posts. There is the ghost one as well. Koreans in Vietnam. Edited by Rufus Gwertigan

Watched Lockout tonight (with Guy Pierce as an action hero!). It's a big silly throwback to big action movies but I really enjoyed it! Think Escape from New York in space!

I watched this the other night. It was OK I suppose. The editing was dreadful though. One minute he's standing in a crowded street, the next he's hurtling down the road on a motorunicycle. And the CGI in that part was awful.

Chicago is an amazing film! The actual musical is better obviously but i thought it was a brilliant musical based film! (That said if you don't like west end musicals type stuff, your never going like it as a film.)

I have a massive aversion to musicals, and this one was particularly bad. I hated all the songs, really annoying american accents all round, the sets were absolutely shit, Richard Gere can't sing (I actually burst out laughing in the cinema the first time he opened his mouth), and Catherine Zeta Jones is not attractive in it (my biggest gripe with the whole film wink.png)

we saw the trailer before Dredd, it didn't look great but maybe it was just a bad trailer?

Yeah the trailer sucks.I saw the longer trailer about 4 months ago and even then I wasn't overly impressed butvall the reviews I've read say its a great film.

He also did 'Hush' which is like a British 'Hitchhiker' with the bloke out of Waterloo Road which was fantastic and very British.The new one he's gone for the American market to try and make a name over there.

Watched Troll Hunter last night after putting it off as it looked like another Blair Witch found footage cheap scare flick and it was pretty good.

But one thing that bugs me about troll (magic, vampires etc) films is they never explain why they are covered up and hidden from the public awareness. Aliens being covered up I can understand as it's something new added to the mix but with things that would have been around as long as man I just don't get it.

Edited by jump

Troll Hunter is a brilliant film, as good as the The Blair Witch Project but with an SFX budget too.

As you say, the reasoning behind keeping the Trolls secret isn't really stated, but hints might have been given. One of the hunter's duties is to annihilate Trolls for a road development. A government might equally fear public panic and difficulty in developing Troll habitat.

And I'm someone who believes a government's first instinct is to deny and to lie.