Films

Rufus Gwertigan

the first Scary Movie was okay, Not Another Teen Movie was actually really funny, every spoof movie since has been painful <_<

Seven Psychopaths was great, watched it on the train the other day and laughed out loud quite a few times

Evil Dead is great, not as "scary" as the poster says (I still think Paranormal Activity is the scariest movie I've seen in regards to suspense) but plenty of laughs, lots of jumps and more gore than you could shake a severed limb at.

Make sure to wait till the end of the credits ;)

it's not the original, let's put it that way

it's definitely not the 'scariest movie you will ever experience', however it does have awesome gore, a couple good scares, some really good set pieces, lots of nods to the original and the whole cinema laughed a fair few times so I would say it is worth a watch :)

went to Odeon Flashback last night and saw Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas on original film, was great :D

Iron Man 3 was utterly brilliant, saw it in Imax 3D to :D Thought it was decent use of 3D actually! Great acting in places

I am not usually one to care about spoilers, but so glad I didn't know about the Mandarin thing :D (Don't want to say exactly incase, someone does click...GO SEE IT AND FIND OUT :P

I hope this isn't the end of RDJ as Iron Man though...

Iron Man 3 was utterly brilliant, saw it in Imax 3D to :D Thought it was decent use of 3D actually! Great acting in places

I am not usually one to care about spoilers, but so glad I didn't know about the Mandarin thing :D (Don't want to say exactly incase, someone does click...GO SEE IT AND FIND OUT :P

I hope this isn't the end of RDJ as Iron Man though...

I'm annoyed that I figured The Mandarin out when I saw him broadcasting on a set, I loved what they did but it does seem like a waste of a villian when you consider he is Iron Man's arch nemesis the same way Batman has Joker, Superman has Lex Luthor etc

Personally I thought it would have been the perfect way to end Iron Man, he gives up the suits but he declares he's still Iron Man anyway.

I saw it in 3D but only because that's all my local cinema was showing. Thought it didn't add anything at all. But then I generally dont. Did occaisionally have that horrible 'diorama' effect. The trailer before was for Wolverine. Now that had some horrible 3D.

Enjoyed the film though. Much better than the 2nd one.

Really enjoyed Iron Man 3 too :) Have to agree though, I didn't think the 3D added anything.

Did anyone else stay until after the credits? Lovely little moment between the 2 geniuses... genius? geni-i? I didn't see The Mandarin switch coming, which I liked

:)

Got the trailers for Man of Steel (ohgosdohgodIcan'twait), Star Trek (really looking forward to that), Fast & Furious 6 (never seen a F&F movie - 6 looks MENTAL), and Monsters University (love Monsters Inc. so I'm hoping this stands up).

Really enjoyed Iron Man 3. Thought it was the best one of the lot, hugely entertaining and fun, tied itself in well with current politics and gave us a foe that wasn't just an evil Iron Man. Also made The Mandarin a lot more personal.

I thought it was amazing how much of the film was spent attacking the US for things it really does, a good sign that more Americans will become aware of the problems with their country that you usually don't hear of whilst inside the bubble that is muricaaaa

I must admit I was surprised, and a little disappointed, at how little time Iron Man was actually in it. I know Tony Stark is Iron Man and all that, but I didn't really want to see RDJ running around with a gun a Macgyvered gadgets - I want more suit action. And yes, I know there were 42 or so in the film but I reckon in total there's probably only about 20 minutes tops in the film where Iron Man is actually Iron Man, if that. Still a good film though, and a criticism I also found with Dark Knight Rises. Give me some films where the alter-ego stays put. Thanks.

That's the problem with superhero movies. They get actors in and then are afraid of covering their face up. Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man are always losing their masks.

I thought Andrew Garfield played Spider-Man brilliantly and I hope in the sequel he keeps his bloody mask on a lot longer because the scenes where he's in full on Spidey mode are all the best bits, his mannerisms and movements were spot on and EXACTLY how I always imagined Spider-Man to behave when I read the comics. More of that, less mopey mask-lessness. That goes for all comic book movies actually. You can only moralise so much until it becomes fucking dreary.

That's the problem with superhero movies. They get actors in and then are afraid of covering their face up. Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man are always losing their masks.

I thought Andrew Garfield played Spider-Man brilliantly and I hope in the sequel he keeps his bloody mask on a lot longer because the scenes where he's in full on Spidey mode are all the best bits, his mannerisms and movements were spot on and EXACTLY how I always imagined Spider-Man to behave when I read the comics. More of that, less mopey mask-lessness. That goes for all comic book movies actually. You can only moralise so much until it becomes fucking dreary.

And another thing...

Where was the rock? AC/DC et al really added to the first two films, the music in this one was pretty poor IMHO, score included. It lacked swagger.