NEXT GEN CONSOLES

The Nal

i very much doubt that sony will be much cheaper if at all.

and their drm will be similar to ms's.

ps4 fanbois are already claiming victory without having any info whatsoever about ps4. I honestly think they are both gonna be remarkably similar in most repects.

if not - i agree, sony will "win". i just think the rabid fanboys are deluding themselves that either of the corporations have the customer as their first priority.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well E3 for me has been about MGS;V and how awesome it looked. Looks set to be another critical acclaim for Kojima San. Watchdogs looks cool.

Sony taking an early lead in this Gen. Knocked it out of the park,priced at £350, no restrictions on used games and no mandatory online log in. Although i am a little confused as to their online service, i think we now have to purchase PS+ to play multiplier but i'm not sure. They didn't really make it clear.

ps4 easily for me now ... price, used games, not always online

the thing that tipped it was the line 'for people who like to play solo offline' ...... never liked playing online for some reason ... well im useless thats one

I think Sony saw a chance to steal a March on Microsoft with pricing and drm. It's great you can used second hand discs with ease but in a few years that will be a moot point as we move to digital distribution. I think the price is great. They are really pushing support for indie developers too. May even be a day one purchase for me

The only reason I'm still contemplating buying the Xbox is because I don't want to lose my gamerscore/achievements.

A lot of time went into some of those achievements. The plane mission on Veteran on Cod4 was the worst.

Anyway that game ^^ looks incredible. Open world online RPG shooter, not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA£350, region free games, no online bullshit - although have to play for multiplayer online but thats brought in line with XBL, used games

they killed it in all honesty.

check out the video of when they announce you can share games, and no online to play games... massive pop from the audience.

this is quality as well :lol:

The only reason I'm still contemplating buying the Xbox is because I don't want to lose my gamerscore/achievements.

A lot of time went into some of those achievements. The plane mission on Veteran on Cod4 was the worst.

Anyway that game ^^ looks incredible. Open world online RPG shooter, not bad.

Thats exactly why they implemented it. To tie you in. Fuck them, you know you beat cod4 on vet, you don't need a badge!

Wasn't really keen on either prior to e3 but leaning heavily towards ps4 now. Can't see myself being an early adopter tho, considering pickup up a ps3 over the next few weeks which will keep me occupied well into next year

I wasn't going to be an early adopter BUT seeing as your PS+ account carries over onto PS4 and PS4 games are becoming part of the service from day one. That is amazing.

Basically I buy a PS4 and I get driveclub free, then next month another game and so on.

So really I just need to pay the initial £350 and then thats it and just renew my PS+ whenever it goes on offer for £30 once a yr.

500gb hard drive is included too btw and of course older games are going to be on cloud.

I was just so impressed with every decision Sony made, I don't see why people are moaning about having a PS+ account to play online, if you have a Playstation machine and don't have PS+ you're a fucking idiot really. £2.50 a month to play all those games, its cheaper than a pint!

Edited by luckysalt

Just reading the PDF that Sony released and the Dual Shock 4 takes the piss, thats one thing I will say

£54! for a DualShock 4 in US its $59, that UK being fucked over. should be £39 tops, conversion is £37

£44 for the camera.

Im sure you'll be able to pick these up cheaper online tho, No chance im paying that much for a second pad

EDIT - PDF http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

Edited by luckysalt

Sold to the Sony fanboy - and at £80 cheaper than the less powerful Microsoft effort - you can have me back Sony, I was a tramp with the 360 but surely me previous love of the PSOne, and PS2 mean all is forgiven.

No pre-owned embargo, no closed corporate eco-system, no Sony server connect to operate - the latest gen console war's been won already!

Edited by 5co77ie

Just reading the PDF that Sony released and the Dual Shock 4 takes the piss, thats one thing I will say

£54! for a DualShock 4 in US its $59, that UK being fucked over. should be £39 tops, conversion is £37

£44 for the camera.

Im sure you'll be able to pick these up cheaper online tho, No chance im paying that much for a second pad

EDIT - PDF http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130611a_e.pdf

...what's a light bar?

Its at the top of the pad, Its a big LCD almost I guess.

So far they've said it will be a different colour in multiplayer player games, such as say FIFA if one team's cursor is blue and another red the pads will light up that colour, they've also said in games such as FPS that it will change with your health as in start green and turn to red when you get to low health.

Stuff like that, simple, but very effective.