Who do you want to see reform for the festivals?

Guest jump

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think so too. It's a shame because I spent most of my childhood watching summer festivals on TV... spent years always wanting to go to Reading. Now I'm kind of gutted I disliked it so much this year. Meh. ATP, Glasto and/or just more gigs I guess :)

I didn't enjoy the atmosphere. I just felt uncomfortable. I really resented being made to feel uncomfortable for actually liking and enjoying the muis con display. Didn't enjoy being started on, and being covered in piss during The Cure. Didn't enjoy having a couple barge past me at the barrier and just ram each others tongues down their throats right in my face, while their friends covered each other in neon and talked over Mark Lanegan. Didn't enjoy being being kicked in the head by two people during the black keys... just because they thought it was funny. Also didn't like that people were rummaging through my backpack during The Cure. or the guys who broke my new tent while I was sleeping in it. For some reason they were kicking it in the night... stole the pegs and kicked in the poles until one snapped. I just really don't think it's a pleasant place anymore, especially for people who just go for music and not to fucking shit up. I just like audiences who are there for music, and to have fun.

Not going to lie, it sounds highly unlikely that all of that happened to you. I'm not saying it didn'y but that is 100% not the experience of your average festival go-er. I mean really. being kicked in the head, what were you doing on the floor, or was it crowd sufers because that happens all the time. I saw absolutely no piss being thrown this year, once again not saying this didnt happen to you but it all seems very unlikely. Someone breaking your tent and rummaging though your rucksack, it sounds like what would happen to the inbetweeners if they went to a festival, ie over exaggerated and would never happen to a real person.

As a die-hard Jack White fan I'd bet my house on them never reforming, Jack said something like 'we'd only ever reform if we went bankrupt, and then we'd probably be issuing an apology with the tickets we were selling'

I'm happy for Jack to carry on with his solo stuff anyway, its fantastic, and there's always Raconteurs and the Dead Weather, more than enough to be content with :)

As a die-hard Jack White fan I'd bet my house on them never reforming, Jack said something like 'we'd only ever reform if we went bankrupt, and then we'd probably be issuing an apology with the tickets we were selling'

I'm happy for Jack to carry on with his solo stuff anyway, its fantastic, and there's always Raconteurs and the Dead Weather, more than enough to be content with :)