Who do you want to see reform for the festivals?

Guest jump

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't enjoy the atmosphere. I just felt uncomfortable. I really resented being made to feel uncomfortable for actually liking and enjoying the muis con display. Didn't enjoy being started on, and being covered in piss during The Cure. Didn't enjoy having a couple barge past me at the barrier and just ram each others tongues down their throats right in my face, while their friends covered each other in neon and talked over Mark Lanegan. Didn't enjoy being being kicked in the head by two people during the black keys... just because they thought it was funny. Also didn't like that people were rummaging through my backpack during The Cure. or the guys who broke my new tent while I was sleeping in it. For some reason they were kicking it in the night... stole the pegs and kicked in the poles until one snapped. I just really don't think it's a pleasant place anymore, especially for people who just go for music and not to fucking shit up. I just like audiences who are there for music, and to have fun.

I don't think I'm sensitive about this? If I was I'd have gone home. I had a great time. I just didn't think the crowd were, on the most part, very nice people. I had piss in my mouth and people taking things from my bag... but I still stood there. Could have cried and told on them I guess :P

I don't mean about this, in general you seem like a thoughtful and meek soul (or maybe I'm being terribly stereotypical of vegetarian ATP-loving Glasto-fans) and maybe that's why it seemed worse to you that to others, or that perhaps you hadn't been through the dark days at R&L to appreciate how much it's improved in the last couple of years.

Why has it gotten to the point in which it's ok for people to do stuff?

My bag was on my back. Didn't notice anyone was in it until they were taking stuff out. But naturally I understand this is my fault.

and the tent thing. I was woken up by the kicking. just thought it was people tripping over the tent. Had happened all weekend and didn't mind. But the actual breaking was after I told them to fuck off started to get out of my tent. This is of course my fault too?

I've been going for the past 6 years? Does that count. I genuinely found this year the worst ever for atmosphere in the arena.

I've never had an issue with people before. It was always easy to avoid the douchebaggery in the arena, but this year it seemed totally unavoidable. I did have a great time, I just found the people on the whole to be c**ty.

I don't think theft, vandalism, throwing piss and head kicking is really me being meek.

Why has it gotten to the point in which it's ok for people to do stuff?

My bag was on my back. Didn't notice anyone was in it until they were taking stuff out. But naturally I understand this is my fault.

and the tent thing. I was woken up by the kicking. just thought it was people tripping over the tent. Had happened all weekend and didn't mind. But the actual breaking was after I told them to fuck off started to get out of my tent. This is of course my fault too?

Edited by jump

I had a fantastic weekend, but gotta agree with Vieu in that I found a lot of the crowd very unfriendly. Was my first time at Reading after doing Leeds dince 08, and the northern crowd was much nicer. Most people at Reading just seemed to be out for themselves and not care about anyone else.

And in terms of reforms for reading, theres very few I can think of who'd get a large appreciative crowd.