West Holts Stage Are Looking For Line-Up Suggestions!

Guest CaledonianGonzo

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few that I've been listening to recently that would suit West Holts to a T:

Ondatropica - Quantic-led collaboration of young and old Colombian cumbia musicians, mixing vintage sounds with modern beats and tech. Their album is a doozy, Sabbath cover and all.

Batida - Angolan/Portugese DJ fella who samples vintage Angolan records and uses them to make modern kudoro-style stuff.

Mokoomba - British-based band of Zimbabwean descent playing a futuristic sort of electro-fusiony Afrobeat.

Realistically the first one might be a bit of a ballache to book/organise/pay for, but the other two should be cheap! And all a world away from the auto-tuned US r'n'b knock-off pish that seems to dominate a lot of modern Latin and African music I hear.

The Correspondents are basically a Shangri-La institution now days, top live act.

that's how they got their festival profile (in fact it was Chris who first told me about them) but I'd say they're starting to out-grow that now.

In fact I've little doubt if they somehow got a Pyramid slot that they'd completely blow the place away. I reckon there can't be many who see them and walk away thinking they're anything less than fantastic (if a little odd, but that's what makes them :D).

• 3 weeks later...

What about Hall & Oates or even just Daryl Hall on his own. I've been watching the Live at Daryl's house webisodes on youtube and he is one brilliant, funky musician with loads of cool mates who could come on and jam with him

Which twinkle brothers is it that tour?

The original lineup or the "Norman Grant solo twinkle brothers"

I've no real idea. I don't know band member names and I can't say that I remember the faces from the last time I saw them, but I can tell you the singer was saying "we've been together for over 50 years" and that the guitarist "is my real brother" (I presume he meant by blood).

Whoever they were, they were all I hoped they'd be at Shambala. When I last saw them, at Bestival, there were only eight people there to see them.

The Wailers would be great seen them at T in the Park this year and they were amazing. I'd also say Jeff Mangum because pretty much his performance at Coachella doesn't rule him out of anything anymore from the videos that i have watched of it, it was very much as outdoor as you could get. From what i read he enjoyed the performance too and was complaining because people weren't singing!

Look out for Molotov Jukebox with Urban Voodoo Machine playing the Masquerade Ball at the Spiegeltent, Bristol on 5th Dec. Other acts at this fabulous pop-up venue will include Shlomo & the Lip Factory, Puppini Sisters, Craig Charles & the Fantasy Funk Band, David Lynch presents Chyrsta Bell, Public Service Broadcasting plus loads of cabaret & comedians. Full details online shortly.