Football 2012-2013

Guest kaosmark2

Another last game of the season another relegation party, another team and their fans clapping the Pompey masses out of the ground.

Throughly enjoyed Shrewsbury, lovely town good for the ale. The fans to the right of the away end had a good bit of banter, the rest were silent.

Shame our second half fightback wasnt quite good enough.

Out of town football grounds shouldn't be allowed.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

I wouldnt say rvp screwed arsenal, it was completely different to Campbell screwing spurs. I thought it was one of those deals where .both teams benefited. I thought rvp treated arsenal with respect (unlike nasri) and deserved respect back. Have heard some arsenal fans saying they would have challenged for the title if they had kept rvp, I find this difficult to believe.

just got back from Arsenal. Honestly what do people expect. A player we looked after for 7 years when he was injury prone, has a great year and then ups and leaves and we are expected tp applaud him. BTW-I applauded Man U on to the pitch (as its the right thing to do and whether i like it or not they are the champions) as well as the majority of gooners. It stopped as soon as he came on the pitch though. I know he left to win trophies and has been proved right but it doesnt mean i have to applaud him.

just got back from Arsenal. Honestly what do people expect. A player we looked after for 7 years when he was injury prone, has a great year and then ups and leaves and we are expected tp applaud him. BTW-I applauded Man U on to the pitch (as its the right thing to do and whether i like it or not they are the champions) as well as the majority of gooners. It stopped as soon as he came on the pitch though. I know he left to win trophies and has been proved right but it doesnt mean i have to applaud him.

Would you have felt differntly if he had gone to one of the big teams on the continent?[/quote

in all honesty-Yes. It hurt that he went to Man Utd. I could have handled City as i could have convinced myself he had gone for the money. I Know why he went and if I was in his position I would have done the same as a player. I'm not a player though-I'm someone who has watched my club for 35 years so logic , common sense and reason goes out the window.

in all honesty-Yes. It hurt that he went to Man Utd. I could have handled City as i could have convinced myself he had gone for the money. I Know why he went and if I was in his position I would have done the same as a player. I'm not a player though-I'm someone who has watched my club for 35 years so logic , common sense and reason goes out the window.

I wouldnt say rvp screwed arsenal, it was completely different to Campbell screwing spurs. I thought it was one of those deals where .both teams benefited. I thought rvp treated arsenal with respect (unlike nasri) and deserved respect back. Have heard some arsenal fans saying they would have challenged for the title if they had kept rvp, I find this difficult to believe.

Arsenal fans booing rvp today was rather bemusing, the lad clearly loved Arsenal, but he wanted to win trophies, and when arsenal aren't in a position to push for the league, moving on was the only option. I do feel for arsenal fans though, even before rvp going to united, as soon as city got the money they spent no time buying up Toure, Nasri, Adebayor.

Tevez and united was a joke though, united offered identical terms to city and Tevez chose to fuck them off with a billboard, no class.

What do you lot make of the team of the year?

De Gea (Man Utd), Zabaleta (Man City), Vertonghen (Spurs), R Ferdinand (Man Utd), Baines (Everton), Carrick (Man Utd), Mata (Chelsea), Hazard (Chelsea), Bale (Spurs), Van Persie (Man Utd), Suarez (Liverpool)

Carrick has the most forward passes of any centre mid in Europe this season. Hes played nearly every minute and barely put a food wrong. Rio has been exceptional. Maybe his best ever season for Utd.

Agree on Lloris PT. De Gea's flappy hands start to the season rules him out for me. Good to see him prove everyone wrong though.