Football 2012-2013

Guest kaosmark2

I would personally never pick a manager because they were a good footballer as there is no evidence to support it.
but the only meaningful evidence is results, which means only existing managers can ever get a job. So how does someone new get a break?

After existing management skills, you have to start scratching around for something which is directly relevant - and so an ex-player is about as good as it could get. He4's at least seen the job from the other side, to know something of what it's about.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Depends what you mean decent? Do you have to take the prem by storm to be a decent manager? Bruce, robson and keane all got promotions to the premier league but are deemed faliures.

This could be the teams previous managers left them or money available.

Could also be that very rich guys in there mid to late 30s dont want to start at the bottom.

if that's the case why did Chelsea vote for the change?

You can be sure that clubs are already seeing the fiddles, no different to how they are with the FFP rules. Just think about how normal tax laws get abused, it won't be anything different going on here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21374699

Now clubs can ONLY make a loss of £105 million :)

A funny quote I read was....

"I think at £105m you can still build a very decent club with substantial owner funding but you have to do it over time, not in a season."

So it allows the big teams to keep topping up on their already exploited positions but makes it more difficult for other teams to join the club while giving teams who will never be able to join that club to run losses to maintain there position over their in the Championship and beyond.

None of this is about Football getting it finances in order. You don't do that by saying losing £105 million as season is ok :) Anyone can see thats fucking bonkers :)

I always like to see a comical own goal, so Barry has given me a bit of entertainment today. Last season citys success was based on a great spine (Hart,Kompany,Yaya, Aguero) but for some reason this year the first 3 in particular have been shadows of the players they were last season.

Im still not convinced that Arry will keep QPR up. Today could be discounted as a bad day in the office, but in general they have been drawing games and not winning. In a league with 3 points for a win, a draw isnt much better than a loss.

As a welsh fan it will be very strange seeing 2 welsh teams in the premeriship next season. I remember spending my teens seeing wrexham, swansea and cardiff scrapping in league 1/league 2. If someone had told me there would be 2 welsh sides in the top level, I would have laughed, pity its the wrong 2!

Edited by pink_triangle