Next announcement next week

Guest Paul ™

To anyone waiting for more @Bestival acts there will be an alternative acts announce nxt wk and fri headline in may. Tix goin v fast

The alternative announce next week @Bestival will focus on swamp shack, ambient forest, wishing tree, club dada, polka.. Micro venue mania

O_o wonder if they actually fast selling or its a "Limited stock, come quick....oh look we just got more stock" kind of thing :P....I am still undecided, I feel so uninspired by most lineups this year.

I miss the days after my first glasto of just saying I am going back and being head strung on that :P (and before that, it was to see Franz at T and Muse at V :P)

I sometimes wonder why they waiti so long to make more announcements, Stevie aside, and appreciating that there may be contractual reasons for some artists. As there is so much competition to sell tickets this year, with most festivals not selling out, then I thought that Bestival would be desperate to sell out as quickly if possible. I think if you wanted to go the Bestival based on the official line up announced so far, then the chances are you would have bought your ticket by now

As the moment there isn't a lot to convince the remaining waiverers to go the festival because not a lot is being announced, and hence they may lose sales to other festivals whose line-up is perceived to be slightly better based on what has been announced so far (although I cant think of many, maybe Latitude perhaps)

If they wanted to get these waiverers going to Bestival then they I think they would be better off announcing more acts as soon as possible!

Probably a bit faster, maybe June/July. I think they do lose a lot of interest by the huge gaps in between announcements. I can imagine it being hard to convince people to go. I think Stevie might have crushed the budget a bit. Apart from Friday headliner, I can only imagine smaller acts being announced from now on.

Has Annie Mac announced her big top thing?

As the moment there isn't a lot to convince the remaining waiverers to go the festival because not a lot is being announced, and hence they may lose sales to other festivals whose line-up is perceived to be slightly better based on what has been announced so far (although I cant think of many, maybe Latitude perhaps)

There are four reasons why I bought a ticket this year

1. No Glasto

2. Other things going on not music related

3. Bestivals reputation

4. Sigur Ros

Although its nice to have loads of big headline acts, it's not why I go to festivals. Yeah I would expect a few decent acts, but not that bothered if there are only 3 or 4, that's not why I go to festivals. I go for the atmosphere, and the bimbling around finding new things, whether thats music or non-music. And the people. I know when I go I will find new bands I have never heard of before and will come to love. It always happens. Its these I remember and enjoy the most, not the big bands. Take Glasto lat year, I went to watch Radiohead followed by U2 on the Friday night, which was good, but nowhere near as great as wandering around shangri la or Strummerville in the early hours. It's ths memories that are far more important to me and what I look for at festivals

Cant wait for Bestival this year

If you've never been before dingbat, you'll love it. I got my ticket on how amazing last year's festival was. So much fun, from lounging about in hammocks to being in a sweaty big top dancing with thousands of others. Man, it's so awesome. It sounds like a lot of other festivals but this is special too.

It's hard not to compare previous Bestival line-ups to this year's, which is especially weird because SIGUR ROS (jesus), Justice, Friendly Fires, Orbital, XX, 2ManyDJs, Horrors, 2 Bears, and mofoing Stevie Wonder, etc are all playing, some of them are my favourite acts and when I remember about them all playing, I get goosebumps. It's probably because so far, it feels like not a lot has been announced, maybe it's the gaps, or the fact there were announcements of 50+ bands at a time last year. Rob's tweets are slightly worrying too.

I'm hoping some epic trance and ambient will be announced for the Ambient forest.

There are four reasons why I bought a ticket this year

1. No Glasto

2. Other things going on not music related

3. Bestivals reputation

4. Sigur Ros

Although its nice to have loads of big headline acts, it's not why I go to festivals. Yeah I would expect a few decent acts, but not that bothered if there are only 3 or 4, that's not why I go to festivals. I go for the atmosphere, and the bimbling around finding new things, whether thats music or non-music. And the people. I know when I go I will find new bands I have never heard of before and will come to love. It always happens. Its these I remember and enjoy the most, not the big bands. Take Glasto lat year, I went to watch Radiohead followed by U2 on the Friday night, which was good, but nowhere near as great as wandering around shangri la or Strummerville in the early hours. It's ths memories that are far more important to me and what I look for at festivals

Cant wait for Bestival this year

I would just love to see your face when you wander up to the Stone Circle on Thursday evening ( don't look back) and turn around when you get to the top, when it starts getting dark, it will change your life forever. Trust me!

P.S. you really have to get yourself to Glasto next year my friend, it's right up your street. What you enjoyed at Bestival is basically what Glasto is, in all 1000 acres! I would just love to see your face when you wander up to the Stone Circle on Thursday evening ( don't look back) and turn around when you get to the top, when it starts getting dark, it will change your life forever. Trust me!

I'm really going to try!! I'm fascinated with the festival, and I've never been. It's the festival to end all festivals! Even my Sister went and she only saw K£sha and beyonce!?!

But yes, I'm definitely going to try. I might end up going alone, but oh well. Stone circle? What's this magical thing? Is it a view of the festival? Or ?