• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Excuse me there is a lot to suggest that they will play

New album out, haven't played in 5 years, did V this year so won't do it next year, have done an arena tour in the autumn instead of stadiums next year which FR like

Yes arctics have an album out but 4 years since they last played, i love them but they were poor at Reading 09, the Killers are more likely

I agree with all of this, what i meant was it will be the best headliners in terms of ticket demand, as ticket sold out in minutes back in 09 with those 3, such a contrast to how slow sales have been the past couple of years

Either Biffy or Mumfords is my guess for the third.

The glasto threads are going a bit nuts for Mumfords and saying they could headline the pyramid.....im not sure myself.

I think Biffy headling the saturday with possibly Mumfords under Blur?

Friday:

Sabbath

Slash

Saturday:

Biffy

???

Sunday:

Blur

Mumfords

Well the last few years there's been two festivals that will take metal acts in abundance, so there wasn't much point booking metal headliners when the audience that appeals to would probably already have chosen Download or Sonisphere. Next year there may only be one again, so R+L might as well add some variety.

I just can't see Sabbath working at Reading and Leeds myself, unless they're trying to totally change the dynamic of the festival again.

The way Reading has been in recent years theres been no place for an old school rock act, I can't see why they'd risk their audience.

Someone who is a Sabbath fan wouldn't go to Reading to wath them, that showed with Download last year, tickets didn't fly out the door and Reading is going to appeal FAR less than Download did.

I just can't see Sabbath working at Reading and Leeds myself, unless they're trying to totally change the dynamic of the festival again.

The way Reading has been in recent years theres been no place for an old school rock act, I can't see why they'd risk their audience.

Someone who is a Sabbath fan wouldn't go to Reading to wath them, that showed with Download last year, tickets didn't fly out the door and Reading is going to appeal FAR less than Download did.

Why? They'll be the small headliner getting the push. Sabbath will cost a bomb and The Killers won't be cheap. You could change it to Mumford heading and Biffy subbing The Killers I guess? But do you reckon Mumford aren't going to turn up at Glasto? I reckon there's more chance Biffy won't.