Confirmed Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

Sonisphere getting what R&L got last year. Shocking line-up. Looks like he really struggled there. Worst thing is, I reckon Kiss on that exclusivity and Queen would have cost so much the undercard is really gonna suffer more than it has already! Big come down from last year.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm one of the very few on here who are excited about Queen w A/L. Would have preferred GN'R to Kiss but will be seeing them on their arena tour anyway, so no drama there. Be interested to see what Skid Row are like now. Saw them back in the day (yeah I'm that old) and have seen Sebastian Bach recently with his own band, but SR without him, well, will have to see..

I am insanely chuffed with this lineup. Virtually every band I want to see other than Kiss and a few that I haven't heard.. guessing the two main stages are looking like this atm:

Friday

Kiss

??? (Skid Row?)

Within Temptation

Wolfmother

???

Saturday

Queen

Evanescence

The Darkness

???

???

Flogging Molly

Gojira

Tim Minchin

???

???

Lacuna Coil

???

???

???

Sunday

Faith No More

Incubus

Marilyn Manson

Cypress Hill

???

Andrew WK

???

Refused

Mastodon

The Blackout

???

???

???

???

If so still some pretty big slots to fill.

It's all down to personal taste but i like the look of Soni this year.

We've been every year so far because it's just up the road from us and the line up has always been really good. This year isn't their strongest line up (so far) but there are lots of bands here that i'd like to see.

For what it's worth i think that Kiss, Queen and the Darkness will be hugely entertaining and i'm looking forward to seeing wolfmother, evanescence, flogging molly, lacuna coil and almost all of the Sunday bands announced so far.

Now i'm just hoping that alice in chains, skindred, enter shikari and a whole host of classic rock bands ( Black stone cherry, the answer, rival sons, etc) will be added.

Soni 2012 might have a slightly different 'feel' compared to other years but i'm looking forward to it.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same, it's a bit different, but I like it. They've also managed to avoid repeating a lot of bands, which is a good thing, so there's a lot of bands I haven't seen in a while or haven't seen at all before, which is why the undercard in general I'm interested in!

All the "dats not metulz"heads will be pleased next year when Maiden headline doing a classic set anyways :P

I'm after a bit more punk on the line up - hoping the Offspring get the special guests slot and someone like Pennywise or Bowling for Soup get slotted in.

Imagine the way things will work out is that a fair few of the Soni line up will end up over at Download next year vice versa. Sort of happening this year - not too keen on DL this year as the likes of Biffy, Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, ... were at last year's Soni and Rise Against were at Leeds. Less of a pull. However there;s a few from the last couple of DLs at Soni, but only made it for a day at DL, so not a problem.

HRC sounds a fair comparison, to be honest I'd say it's more like Sonisphere 2010, Alice Cooper, Europe, Numan, Placebo, Skunk Anansie etc.. taking most of the high mainstage slots. I think it will change demographic more so than demographic has changed in the past. Guess we'll have to see what effect that has on atmosphere and the likes this year. I think the difference will be this year that there will be slightly less weekend campers to 2011, but it'll sell more day tickets per day so probably still end up selling out. The campsite was mobbed last year, so if that's the case I won't mind too much!

Aside from Queen, there's nothing too different from line ups at DL or Soni over the last few years - so I don't think that would impact the demographic too much (just look at the Biffy, Mars Volta, Weezer combo last year and didn't change things, despite more alt rock bands.

Granted the Queen element does change it. Strangely, I think the exclusivity could have the biggest impact - if they'd add a could of dates at the O2 or something, then would weed out a lot of the Queen fans who may not care too much about the rest of the line up.

Loving Tim Minchin's positioning on the line up - will have my canvas bag at the ready!