Confirmed Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

Not great but I had just bought 2 tickets for Friday. Tickets are available now via FNM site. Saw FNM in 1992 and at Brixton two years ago and would pay £82 just for another chance of seeing the best live act on earth!! Can you tell I lie them??

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rammstein have the better stage show - but FNM are far superiour in terms of personality, interaction etc. I've seen both and I put FNM higher - though I've yet to see FNM at a festival so maybe my opinion shall change!

Queen's a UK exclusive, so they won't be doing any more shows here - or mainland Europe for that matter. Roger said on the radio this morning they MIGHT do a warm up show in Moscow, but other than that Sonisphere Knebworth will be their only show this year

Underwhelmed with the lineup thus far, although Sunday looks pretty good.

Thing that bothers me though, the bands that i think could liven things up and add a little variety to the bill (A Day To Remember, Pennywise, Offspring etc etc) were rumoured but are now... no longer rumoured :(

I know its unoriginal to say this, but oh my god this lineup is atrocious! Cant think of very much to say about it in its favour. The idea of having Queen on the lineup is actually pretty cool, but as headliners these days? Definitely not.

They would however make an exceptionally good addition to the lineup earlier in the day, as much as we bitch quite rightly about it not being Queen without Fred- its basically "Smile" with a pop idol bloke- the idea of 60,000 fans singing along to the classics as a warm up to a SERIOUSLY good headliner gives me goosebumps. So right sentiment, but a total misbilling.

I know its unoriginal to say this, but oh my god this lineup is atrocious! Cant think of very much to say about it in its favour. The idea of having Queen on the lineup is actually pretty cool, but as headliners these days? Definitely not.

They would however make an exceptionally good addition to the lineup earlier in the day, as much as we bitch quite rightly about it not being Queen without Fred- its basically "Smile" with a pop idol bloke- the idea of 60,000 fans singing along to the classics as a warm up to a SERIOUSLY good headliner gives me goosebumps. So right sentiment, but a total misbilling.

Are Refused actually confirmed to be headlining the Saturn stage? Doesn't mention the word headline on the website and I really don't think they're anywhere near big enough, even with the reunion factor, plus I can see At The Drive-In slotting in nicely above them.

Edited by Jacky Boy

Unless At The Drive In are the special guests under KISS I can't see them playing now, Manson & Incubus look likely to be the subs & 2nd stage headliner on that day with Manson on the 2nd stage imo from the long poster suggesting it and have more of a stage set up. I'm surprised tho out of the 2 I'd thought ATDI where more likely than Refused to play.

Unless At The Drive In are the special guests under KISS I can't see them playing now, Manson & Incubus look likely to be the subs & 2nd stage headliner on that day with Manson on the 2nd stage imo from the long poster suggesting it and have more of a stage set up. I'm surprised tho out of the 2 I'd thought ATDI where more likely than Refused to play.

Refused will headline Saturn... They're higher on the poster than Tim Minchin and from waht I've heard they aren't exactly cheap to book this time around. I really doubt they would have even bothered with the fest unless they got a decent set time like headlining Saturn.

Plus do you really see Mastodon only being third from top on Saturn... they were fourth from top in 09 and have got much much bigger since then. Plus they need the extra set time to play the Hunter in full.

Edited by SOAD