The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

care to show me where I mentioned a single thing about Labour? :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be trying to do Labour baaaaad, would you? :P:lol:

I pointed the facts about the business case that Yes & the SNP have put forwards, and how many more poeple are now better aware of just how dreadfully weak it was.

It was a false front of the SNP - now revealed, proving the SNP as liars.

It was led by a woman who's unscrupulous (and quite probably fraudulent) business practices would be too much for many tories - now revealed.

She was considered suitable to be the SNP's business spokesperson in Westminster - yet has no real business experience at all.

Care to tell me how any of that makes the SNP &/or independence look anything but worse?

FFS. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

PS: seeing as Michelle Thomson was on the string of Lieutenant Uhura's hubby, there's a decent chance that everything Thomson was doing was fully known to the SNP leadership, too, so it might come back and bite Lieutenant Uhura on the arse proper hard yet too.

(I do hope you'#re getting the Star Trek references :P).

care to show me where I mentioned a single thing about Labour? :rolleyes:

You wouldn't be trying to do Labour baaaaad, would you? :P:lol:

I pointed the facts about the business case that Yes & the SNP have put forwards, and how many more poeple are now better aware of just how dreadfully weak it was.

It was a false front of the SNP - now revealed, proving the SNP as liars.

It was led by a woman who's unscrupulous (and quite probably fraudulent) business practices would be too much for many tories - now revealed.

She was considered suitable to be the SNP's business spokesperson in Westminster - yet has no real business experience at all.

Care to tell me how any of that makes the SNP &/or independence look anything but worse?

The point of my post was to point out that your alleged drop in SNP support isn't materialising...yet.

A few folk have been predicting this demise, which has yet to happen.

PS: seeing as Michelle Thomson was on the string of Lieutenant Uhura's hubby, there's a decent chance that everything Thomson was doing was fully known to the SNP leadership, too, so it might come back and bite Lieutenant Uhura on the arse proper hard yet too.

(I do hope you'#re getting the Star Trek references :P).

Illogical.

The point of my post was to point out that your alleged drop in SNP support isn't materialising...yet.

A few folk have been predicting this demise, which has yet to happen.

I didn't allege any drop in SNP support. :rolleyes:

I pointed out that the very poor business case that some had always realised the SNP were making has been noticed by many more.

That many more does include plenty of SNP supporters (i've seen it in their own words) tho it's not necessarily knocking them from supporting indie. The case for indy is much more an emotional one than one based on facts.

There's plenty of amusement to be had from snippers who continue to support Thomson (as you've done with your "nothing has been proved yet"), because for anyone actually following the details more than enough has been proven to show she's as bad as the worst tory even if she escapes a fraud charge  - tho escaping a fraud charge is unlikely given what has already been detailed about what 'Mrs A' [Thomson] has been up to.

If you want to be treated as equals, act as equals. :rolleyes:

Dreadful stuff sir   :lol:

Quite revealing though  ;)

What aren't you getting?

Oh I`m getting your point just fine thank you  :)

As I said, your first post is quite revealing. Especially the first part before the comma.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

More than one person has had their eyes opened to how shallow the case for indy was by Michelle Thomson's background being widely revealed.

I can't take a meaningful guess at how many have been wised up over this, but i know with certainty that some have been wised up.

You appear to be suggesting that there is " more than one person " who no longer thinks Scotland could be an independent country due to the ongoing Thomson episode. I appreciate that you also know this with some " certainty ".

So, to be clear, these people used to think Scotland could manage to run it`s own affairs, most likely under an SNP or Labour administration, but you are certain that they have now had a re-think....due to this... and would now vote to be ruled from Westminster, by the Tories, given the chance.

As you know this with certainty could you oblige us with a link ?

As I said, your first post is quite revealing. Especially the first part before the comma.

You're imagining things comfy. rolleyes:

You're making yourselves unequal, and therefore you suffer the consequences you bring on yourselves.

Is that better wording, that allows you to take off your tin-foil hat?

But you know you had to do that, because without falsely playing the victim it's hard to build a case for leaving. ;)

You appear to be suggesting that there is " more than one person " who no longer thinks Scotland could be an independent country due to the ongoing Thomson episode. I appreciate that you also know this with some " certainty ".

So, to be clear, these people used to think Scotland could manage to run it`s own affairs, most likely under an SNP or Labour administration, but you are certain that they have now had a re-think....due to this... and would now vote to be ruled from Westminster, by the Tories, given the chance.

I just love the way that it's only ever the ranting snippers who suggest Scotland couldn't be a successful independent country. :lol:

The rest of us know it could be, just a poorer one.

Even plenty of yes-voters. Didn't you know?

These people who's words I've seen used to have trust in the SNP that they weren't liars like all the other parties, and believed there was a decent business case presented by a decent leader of that business case and that that business case being presented was independent.

They now know the SNP are liars, and that everything about Business for Scotland was a sham.

But yes, some of those still support indy.

I remember that once upon a time lots of people used to say that indy wasn't about the SNP, but the SNP supporters now call that a lie.

Oh dear. :lol:

Neil, you may find the following links helpful before you spout any more tosh about Scottish bank notes.

http://www.scotbanks.org.uk/legal_position.php

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/about/scottish_northernireland.aspx

care to say what tosh you think I've been spouting?

Are Scottish notes legal tender? Nope, as the first link makes clear.

Are they backed by gold as matey said? Nope, they're backed by paper Sterling, banked at the BoE.

Those banks don't have to issue those notes, any more than you have to accept them. Those banks choose to issue those notes because it's free advertising for those banks.

And it states very clearly....

However, you should not rely absolutely on Scottish notes being accepted outside Scotland

Edited by eFestivals

care to say what tosh you think I've been spouting?

Are Scottish notes legal tender? Nope, as the first link makes clear.

Are they backed by gold as matey said? Nope, they're backed by paper Sterling.

Those banks don't have to issue those notes, any more than you have to accept them. Those banks choose to issue those notes because it's free advertising for those banks.

And it states very clearly....

Are bank of England notes backed by gold?

No. Which is why they can produce them out of a fiscal hat. So not quite clear what your point is there.

And you neatly ignore the fact that the term "legal tender" is close to meaningless.

Tha fact is that Scottish & Northern Irish notes are "worth" precisely the same as BofE notes.

Are bank of England notes backed by gold?

nope. As I've already said, they're backed by the British taxpayer.

Are Scottish notes backed by gold? Nope.

No. Which is why they can produce them out of a fiscal hat. So not quite clear what your point is there.

matey stated as a fact that Scottish notes are backed by gold, but that BoE weren't backed by anything. He was trying to suggest that Scottish notes were somehow worth more, or more secure, or something. He might have just screamed "Scotland is better at everything than England" cos that's what he really meant.

It's 100% false. Both notes are (ultimately, in the case of Scottish notes) backed in an identical way to each other.

And you neatly ignore the fact that the term "legal tender" is close to meaningless.

Not true. It's 100% relevant to the story you flagged up as meaning something nasty towards Scotland.

The fact that Scottish notes are not legal tender is the *exact* reason why they can be refused by either side in a transaction.

Tha fact is that Scottish & Northern Irish notes are "worth" precisely the same as BofE notes.

Not quite. They are not guaranteed to be spendable.

If the only money in your pocket is Scottish and you cannot find someone to accept it, that money is worth fuck all.

As that matey got to find out.

Outside of that, yes, you can swap a Scottish note for a real one of the same value at its issuer.

If you want to be treated as equals, act as equals. :rolleyes:

You're making yourselves unequal, and therefore you suffer the consequences you bring on yourselves.

Is that better wording, that allows you to take off your tin-foil hat?

But you know you had to do that, because without falsely playing the victim it's hard to build a case for leaving. ;)

So you have now moved to " better wording " but it`s me who was " imagining " what YOU wrote and your now raising me some tin-foil hat & victim banter.

More than one person has had their eyes opened to how shallow the case for indy was by Michelle Thomson's background being widely revealed.

I can't take a meaningful guess at how many have been wised up over this, but i know with certainty that some have been wised up.

I just love the way that it's only ever the ranting snippers who suggest Scotland couldn't be a successful independent country. :lol:

The rest of us know it could be, just a poorer one.

Even plenty of yes-voters. Didn't you know?

These people who's words I've seen used to have trust in the SNP that they weren't liars like all the other parties, and believed there was a decent business case presented by a decent leader of that business case and that that business case being presented was independent.

They now know the SNP are liars, and that everything about Business for Scotland was a sham.

But yes, some of those still support indy.

I remember that once upon a time lots of people used to say that indy wasn't about the SNP, but the SNP supporters now call that a lie.

Oh dear. :lol:

Oh dear indeed.

A simple " no of course I cannot supply a link " would have sufficed.

Are you no longer suggesting " with certainty " that there is anyone never mind " some people " who no longer think that Scotland could or should be an Independent Country due to the ongoing Thomson episode ?

We seemed to be talking specifically about previous "YES" voters who would now vote " NO " due to this.

I think you are now backing away from your previous claim but wanted to confirm just in case the tin foil is affecting my reading ability  :hi:

Oh dear indeed.

A simple " no of course I cannot supply a link " would have sufficed.

I didn't see the request for a link. :rolleyes:

Here you go, wade thru the comments of this:-

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/04/there-is-a-property-boom-especially-for-the-snp

You might even get to find out why bright-yellow-tory Thomson's behaviour would shame most tories.

(I'm pretty sure there was more than one article about Thomson with comments open where more of the same was said, but I'm not finding them with the Guardian's shite search).

Are you no longer suggesting " with certainty " that there is anyone never mind " some people " who no longer think that Scotland could or should be an Independent Country due to the ongoing Thomson episode ?

I'm certain that some people have wised up to the SNP.

Why wouldn't they? The SNP have been exposed as liars who presented a laughably weak business case.

It's only nutters like you who ever say Scotland can't be an independent country.

You seem to have taken your cue from Captain Kirk and only him ever saying "too small too wee too stupid". The only "too small too wee too stupid" I see are some snippers tiny minds.

We seemed to be talking specifically about previous "YES" voters who would now vote " NO " due to this.

I think you are now backing away from your previous claim but wanted to confirm just in case the tin foil is affecting my reading ability  :hi:

:rolleyes:

Some yes voters have wised up, but are still yes.

Some yes voters have wised up and are now no.

Some previously naive no voters have wised up, and it seems unlikely they're now yes.

Some didn't need wising up.

What are you having difficulty with?

I didn't see the request for a link. :rolleyes:

Here you go, wade thru the comments of this:-

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/04/there-is-a-property-boom-especially-for-the-snp

What are you having difficulty with?

I`m now also having difficulty with finding any relevance in the link you posted. There are plenty of comments and I did make an effort to read through a good few pages but there was nothing that backed up your original point.

Lots of " aye but Labour are worse " & " no their no SNP are worse" but nowhere did I see anything that could lead you to say with " certainty " that this ongoing episode has led anyone to change their mind on indy.

We both know why that is though :P .

For the record, I`m not sure anyone should be highlighting comments sections under articles when asked for links to back up specific points raised. Just my own opinion  :)

It's only nutters like you who ever say Scotland can't be an independent country.

Apologies if I appear to be coming across as awkward this morning but after the link business, could you now oblige me with 1(one) post of mine when I ever said these words.

I thought I had made my position quite clear on Scotland being an independent Country. 

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

I`m now also having difficulty with finding any relevance in the link you posted. There are plenty of comments and I did make an effort to read through a good few pages but there was nothing that backed up your original point.

Lots of " aye but Labour are worse " & " no their no SNP are worse" but nowhere did I see anything that could lead you to say with " certainty " that this ongoing episode has led anyone to change their mind on indy.

We both know why that is though :P .

For the record, I`m not sure anyone should be highlighting comments sections under articles when asked for links to back up specific points raised. Just my own opinion  :)

you asked me to give you a link to prove what II said.

Your response is to not read it but to dismiss what I said as a lie, but also to claim that people stating their opinions can't class as people's opinions.

You out-do yourself a bit better each time. :lol:

Edited by eFestivals

Apologies if I appear to be coming across as awkward this morning but after the link business, could you now oblige me with 1(one) post of mine when I ever said these words.

I thought I had made my position quite clear on Scotland being an independent Country.

no longer thinks Scotland could be an independent country

It's snippers like you who say these words, not the people who argue against you.

Scotland is perfectly able to be a successful country.

But a poorer one.

Edited by eFestivals

you asked me to give you a link to prove what II said.

Your response is to not read it but to dismiss what I said as a lie

I did read it as I said and also a " good few pages " of the comments but fair enough, you have managed to distance our discussion from the original point you made about people changing their mind on Indy over this.

In fairness I clicked on " read more comments " not really pages if that gives you a crumb to hang onto.

Still waiting  :bye: