The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

wow what a fucking pussy!

To use that as a reason to leave the UK is funny :)

You guys really are desperate :P

Absolutely, which is why I said "Not a reason for independence"

Do pay attention , Barry.

Not a reason for independence, but perhaps something to help you guys understand why it doesn't always feel as if we're better together...

http://m.scotsman.com/news/rugby-fan-denied-sale-with-scottish-money-goes-viral-1-3911391

Is this really the best thing you could find to try and divert our attention away from the corruption of Michelle Thomson?

Dear oh dear.

Is this really the best thing you could find to try and divert our attention away from the corruption of Michelle Thomson?

Dear oh dear.

No, it was an observation which appears to have provoked a strange reaction from you & Barry.

"the corruption of Michelle Thomson" is, as yet, unproven.

The refusal to accept our good Scottish money appears irrefutable.

As far as I understand it, Michelle Thompson's activities APPEAR unattractive, but did she do more than make a profit?

I don't know. If she acted illegally she should pay the price. If she acted legally but took advantage of vulnerable people she should be kicked out of the SNP.

If you feel you have enough information to make a judgement, go ahead.

I don't feel I do.

Not a reason for independence, but perhaps something to help you guys understand why it doesn't always feel as if we're better together...

http://m.scotsman.com/news/rugby-fan-denied-sale-with-scottish-money-goes-viral-1-3911391

Likely the lads at the store haven't seen it before and didn't wanna risk a fake. (When I worked in retail at the West Ham stadium store, we was told to get a manager to double check any Scottish notes).

I don't even really understand why Scotland has to have its own version of GBP tbh.

Likely the lads at the store haven't seen it before and didn't wanna risk a fake. (When I worked in retail at the West Ham stadium store, we was told to get a manager to double check any Scottish notes).

I don't even really understand why Scotland has to have its own version of GBP tbh.

We don't need to have it, but we do & have had it for 300 years or so.

My point is you all told us a year or so ago how much you loved us & how we were better together. But when someone tries to buy merchandise for a competition in which Scotland is competing & he is told his money isn't good enough, I thought it might just give you a wee insight into why we were maybe a wee bit wary about all the assurances we heard just over a year ago.

Edited by LJS

No, it was an observation which appears to have provoked a strange reaction from you & Barry.

As far as I understand it, Michelle Thompson's activities APPEAR unattractive, but did she do more than make a profit?

I don't know. If she acted illegally she should pay the price. If she acted legally but took advantage of vulnerable people she should be kicked out of the SNP.

If you feel you have enough information to make a judgement, go ahead.

I don't feel I do.

So you think some Peter Dow-alike not getting served in a shop is newsworthy?

Dear oh dear.

PMSL. :lol:

Scotland (and NI) are the only parts of the UK *choosing* *for* *themselves* to not use legal tender, who then get upset that their not-legal-tender is treated as not legal tender.

FFS. :lol:

Why is Scotland still using not-legal-tender? Because Scotland wants to be different and apart.

It's not the rest of the UK not making us together, it's yourselves.

For anyone who's read about "Mrs A" in the already-published legal reports, they'll know it will be proven.

Her constituency isn't gearing up for a by-election because they know she's innocent, LJS. It's for the exact opposite. So even the SNP don't belief she's innocent.

it's not "good Scottish money", it's worthless paper of no standing.

It's Scotland choice to use worthless paper of no standing, and therefore Scotland's fault for others treating it as worthless paper of no standing.

The last English bank gave up printing its own notes in the 1920s, because we're not so up ourselves that we feel we have to be different.

If you want to be treated as equals, act as equals. :rolleyes:

Edited by eFestivals

Peter then replies: “Scottish notes are backed by gold and tradable assets unlike English notes.

Oh look, another nutty nat that doesn't know the first thing he's talking about. :lol:

The nutty nat then goes on...

“When the Bank of England wants to print more money, it just prints more money, there’s nothing behind it"

Which is sort-of true (actually, there's the British taxpayer behind it), but what's behind a Scottish note?

Oh, that worthless English money is behind a Scottish note, making those Scottish notes identical in ultimate effect to any English note.

Backed by gold. Priceless. :lol::

it's not "good Scottish money", it's worthless paper of no standing.

It's Scotland choice to use worthless paper of no standing, and therefore Scotland's fault for others treating it as worthless paper of no standing.

The last English bank gave up printing its own notes in the 1920s, because we're not so up ourselves that we feel we have to be different.

If you want to be treated as equals, act as equals. :rolleyes:

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly.

and you for illustrating mine. :)

You are not special and different, you are part of the UK - as sovereignly decided by the Scottish people.

Perhaps start acting as part of the UK? Nah, that'll never do, eh? :lol:

As is perfectly clear in law, anyone is permitted to create fake notes if licensed to do so, but no one except the issuer has to accept those fake notes. It's not Scottish currency, it's fake currency.

Meanwhile you won't get around to actually creating some real Scottish currency. Bristol has currency, Scotland does not.

And without its own currency Scotland can never be independent even if you vote to be.

and you for illustrating mine. :)

You are not special and different, you are part of the UK - as sovereignly decided by the Scottish people.

Perhaps start acting as part of the UK? Nah, that'll never do, eh? :lol:

As is perfectly clear in law, anyone is permitted to create fake notes if licensed to do so, but no one except the issuer has to accept those fake notes. It's not Scottish currency, it's fake currency.

Meanwhile you won't get around to actually creating some real Scottish currency. Bristol has currency, Scotland does not.

And without its own currency Scotland can never be independent even if you vote to be.

My point had precisely nothing to do with the legal status of Scottish notes. I was trying to help you chaps understand why we don't always feel as loved as you claim we are.

As Russy has already pointed out, it is hardly an earth shattering story. The fact that it has attracted so much attention is the story.

My point had precisely nothing to do with the legal status of Scottish notes. I was trying to help you chaps understand why we don't always feel as loved as you claim we are.

As Russy has already pointed out, it is hardly an earth shattering story. The fact that it has attracted so much attention is the story.

Nats flagging up their self-invented victimisation is not a story, it's a constant.

Why does the situation exist in the first place, LJS? because Scotland wants to be an inclusive part of the UK, or because it doesn't?

It's Scotland who has put itself on the outside here, so if it gets treated as that outsider occasionally via it's choice to use not-money it's only Scotland to blame for that.

If I was using Fox, Fowler and Company notes (the last English issuer of private notes) I'd be smart enough to know what they were and that their acceptence is limited by the fact that they're private notes and not legal tender.

Scotland prefers to play victim.

If you've noticed, i've often pointed out to people over the years that acceptance of Scottish notes in England is patchy because most people aren't familiar enough with them to know they're genuine - a perfectly valid reason to refuse them.

Edited by eFestivals

I'm going to edinburgh in a couple of months, cant wait to spend my bonus

alg-monopoly-money-jpg.jpg

If your coming up for Crimbo or Hogmanay you`ll have a great time mate  :)

If your staying in Edinburgh for more than a couple of days though then I`d suggest you may need a bit more than that !

On the Scottish notes thing, I remember Neil rolling out the same patronising guff ( any excuse ) over in the Glastonbury thread. I rolled up in June and my money was good enough for all the good folks trading in Somerset. Same as it ever was  :)

" self invented victimisation " Neil has completely missed the small point that LJS was raising. 

Any excuse to put the boot in.

Dreadful stuff sir   :lol:

Quite revealing though  ;)

What aren't you getting?

Scotland is choosing to make itself different, and then blaming the English for the consequences of that difference.

If you want money from Scotland to have equal treatment with UK money, you need to use UK money.

It's exceedingly simple. You never ever have to accept a Scottish note if you don't wish to. It's not legal tender.

Can you expand on this please ? Not sure what you mean.

More than one person has had their eyes opened to how shallow the case for indy was by Michelle Thomson's background being widely revealed.

If she was the best person Yes could put forwards as a representative saying that indy would be good for Scotland, it's very clear that indy would not be good for Scotland.

If she's the best person the SNP are able to put forwards as their business spokesperson, the SNP have no business sense.

I can't take a meaningful guess at how many have been wised up over this, but i know with certainty that some have been wised up.

Edited by eFestivals

More than one person has had their eyes opened to how shallow the case for indy was by Michelle Thomson's background being widely revealed.

If she was the best person Yes could put forwards as a representative saying that indy would be good for Scotland, it's very clear that indy would not be good for Scotland.

If she's the best person the SNP are able to put forwards as their business spokesperson, the SNP have no business sense.

I can't take a meaningful guess at how many have been wised up over this, but i know with certainty that some have been wised up.

Really?

http://news.stv.tv/scotland-decides/1330333-poll-jeremy-corbyn-and-kezia-dugdale-no-boost-for-scottish-labour-support/

I'm going to edinburgh in a couple of months, cant wait to spend my bonus

alg-monopoly-money-jpg.jpg

You're very brave. Aren't you worried the natsi vigilantes will get you.

After all we do hate the English, don't we?