The Cure?

Guest cheeseisamazing

Hey just wondering if the cure could be a potential headliner? I don't see it but as they played bestival last year it just got me thinking (by the way was they're any particular reason for them playing?) does anyone think they also might play somewhere else?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love the cure, but don't see them as a r@l headliner, totally the wrong crowd!

They play huge long sets and unless your a die hard they would be boring waiting for their couple of well known hits.

Arcade fire are much more current and by all accounts even they didn't pull a huge crowd

• 2 weeks later...

They wouldn't play Reading and Leeds, if they did they should headline but wouldn't and therefore wouldn't play anyways as they always headline. I don't really see a UK Festival for them this year, I guess something like T is an outside shot and then the smaller ones.

They are currently rumoured to be playing Bilbao BBK and Rockwave and Ultra Music Festival (Miami) in 2012. Probably quite likely to play Roskilide and Paleo too as they usually do during festival tours.

Edited by beau1

• 4 weeks later...

Well they're rumoured for Latitude (which they'd certainly headline), there's no way FR would have the same band headline Latitude and R&L. A Latitide headliner does sometimes pop up in a decent slot at R&L so it depends whether they'd accept a tent headlining slot.

I'm sorry but you can't say for sure if the Cure would or wouldn't get offered a headline slot at R/L. They're certainly bigger than more than a few of the headliners they've had in recent years & until they're confirmed for Latitude (or another UK fest), I wouldn't rule them out 100%.

Edit: Oh & there's no way they'd headline NME or sub.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly