The Stone Roses and Support

Guest gazza_20

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gutted with the saturday line-up, especially knowing we could've got primal scream and the vaccinnes but... Essentially a few beers whilst listening to a few bob marley tunes and then a few oasis tunes before seeing the stone roses for the fist time - i'll enjoy that.

Yep, Saturday is very disappointing. Can't abide that Gallagher bloke, seen the Wailers a few times before and never heard of Prof Green. Ah well.....the Roses will be good. Primal Scream are the only ones that will actually be any good, but got tickets for Saturday :-(

The Friday is decent enough. Somebody has suggested that they've deliberately chosen an underwhelming line-up to prevent any likelyhood of them getting blown offstage...think there could be a lot in that. Either that or they've gone for the Poundland options for support so they can keep even more of the £50-£300 ticket money.

A shame really. Appreciate people might not have wanted a bunch of 90's guitar bands on (although Roses/Mondays/Charlatans/Puressence would have been an amazing day out) but Plan B, Prof Green and Beady Eye is just pisspoor. Its the kind of shite you'd get if you let your 'cool' uncle DJ at a house party.

Just out of interest have most people recieved their tickets for this. I got Sunday tickets from Seetickets but haven't recieved them yet. According to the news article on efests all tickets had been dispatched.

Just out of interest have most people recieved their tickets for this. I got Sunday tickets from Seetickets but haven't recieved them yet. According to the news article on efests all tickets had been dispatched.

We've been in touch with See Tickets this morning, and they've told us that they're most of the way thru despatching the tickets but that all of them haven't been sent out as yet.

So there's no need to panic just yet. :)

The Friday is decent enough. Somebody has suggested that they've deliberately chosen an underwhelming line-up to prevent any likelyhood of them getting blown offstage...think there could be a lot in that. Either that or they've gone for the Poundland options for support so they can keep even more of the £50-£300 ticket money.

A shame really. Appreciate people might not have wanted a bunch of 90's guitar bands on (although Roses/Mondays/Charlatans/Puressence would have been an amazing day out) but Plan B, Prof Green and Beady Eye is just pisspoor. Its the kind of shite you'd get if you let your 'cool' uncle DJ at a house party.

When the gigs finally come around........Everyone will see why, barring Primal Scream, the support acts are pretty mediocre.

I was too young to see the Roses in their pomp (i'm 26). But I'm a manc and have always loved their music. And I'v been to see Mr Brown live several times and he's not that good to be frank with you. His voice just doesn't carry that well at gigs. I'm going because I love their music and to hopefully have a great day with my mates.

Had Noel been supporting it would have completely taken the shine off the Roses because between Noel and Ian live.....it isn't much of a contest.

It will be a great weekend regardless of who was supporting anyway. Good Weather, Lots of beer, Lots of drugs (if that's your thing) and live music......what more do people want?

Edited by Ben Holland

I don't think so. In the past the Roses have never been one to go down the conventional support route (look at Spike), and it was warned before this that people wouldn't like the supports. Although I wish they had gone a bit more out of normal view, and perhaps got a few more dance acts, I'm glad they stuck to their guns of non likely support, even if I won't be seeing any of them other than The Wailers.

but Plan B! If Smash Hits was still going he'd be all over it!

Some people need to take their heads out of their arses.

He's a strange choice for support for the Roses, but he's probably the most creative new act around at the moment, and a very very very long way from the sorts of acts that Smash Hits cover(d? not sure if it's still going).

We need more of his sort, acts that actually have something relevant to say.

I suggest you put down your prejudices and give him a proper go - his latest single referencing the riots, the surprisingly good 'Strickland Banks', as well as his stuff prior to that.

The alternative is that the future world will only have Jessie J and other similarly dreadful Cowell-approved acts. ;)

Some people need to take their heads out of their arses.

He's a strange choice for support for the Roses, but he's probably the most creative new act around at the moment, and a very very very long way from the sorts of acts that Smash Hits cover(d? not sure if it's still going).

We need more of his sort, acts that actually have something relevant to say.

I suggest you put down your prejudices and give him a proper go - his latest single referencing the riots, the surprisingly good 'Strickland Banks', as well as his stuff prior to that.

The alternative is that the future world will only have Jessie J and other similarly dreadful Cowell-approved acts. ;)

Is that good enough though? I'm a huge Roses fan, and was lucky enough to have seen them first time round. Considering the prices they're charging for the tickets, for them to turn round and say, 'oh, by the way, you wont like the support' is poor. If they'd filled it with cutting edge stuff, fair enough....but Plan B! If Smash Hits was still going he'd be all over it! Beady Eye! Prof Green! I just think its a bit of an insult to people who've waited a long time and worked hard to pay for a ticket.