US Presidential elections 2012

Guest pink_triangle

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, 8 vote victory for Romney last night. That is tighter than a duck's backside. So glad Santorum didn't win, but he's getting some worrying surges in the polls. This guy really is a loony.

Perry heading back to Texas to re-assess his campaign. Think he might be pulling out in the next couple of days. Thank god (figure of speech)

I find it funny that they have this huge soap opera and they will end up just picking romney who it was obvious they would from the start. If any republican is going to win I could probably cope with romney more than the others, he seems more sane than most of his opponents and I think he more interested in being president than being a big right wing idealogue. He may not make the wprld a better place but I doubt he would cause world war 3 like bachman or perry could. I doubt there would be a huge difference if he replaced obama but would still hope for an obama win.

Edited by Ed209

I wouldnt say he has suckered me in, I have very little trust of any major politicians either right or left but I can see his appeal compared to bachman and perry, he manages to say some loony stuff but come across a normal guy at the same time. I think the whole process makes it hard to discover someones true views, at the moment he has to move to the right of romney as its his only chance of winning the nomination but if he was chosen as the candidate I suspect all of a sudden his views and quotes would move rapidly to the centre.

I still think its a pity huntsman hasnt made any impact with republican voter, everytime I hear him speak I am extremely impressed. To me he ticks all the right boxes and is a more likable version of mitt romney, but then again Im not a natural republican!

Santorum is a clever guy, he says what his base want to hear. It's his only way of getting on fox news and exposure in the race. If put on the ticket, I think it would be toned down considerably. If elected president he would let down his base in a similar way to Obama.

In a way its irrelevant, I don't see a path to the nomination for him. To be honest I don't think he is really running for president, I think he is looking to raise his profile and cash in.

Santorum is a clever guy, he says what his base want to hear. It's his only way of getting on fox news and exposure in the race. If put on the ticket, I think it would be toned down considerably. If elected president he would let down his base in a similar way to Obama.

In a way its irrelevant, I don't see a path to the nomination for him. To be honest I don't think he is really running for president, I think he is looking to raise his profile and cash in.

I watched the last couple of debates. You really do get the impression its a walk in the park for romney, he is slickness personified. His opponents are very weak and just seem to give him the odd softball which he bats away with ease. Amazingly Perry was nowhere near as bad as I have seen him in the past, think thats probably influenced by the fact the expectation is so low and the fact the presenters pretty much ignored him both times. However when he did speak he didnt come across anywhere near as terrible as before.

Huntsman the most normal candidate out of the race, nearly all his votes bound to go to romney. Considering that Ron Paul is in it to the end, the only chance romney has of losing is if the bible bashers unite around one candidate and 2 of perry, santorum and gingrich drop out quick, considering the egos involved I cant see it happening and dont think it would work even if it did.

Can't see Paul doing well in the bible belt, he's seen as far too pro-muslim and I can't see his legalize all drugs policy going down too well either. I could see him running as an indy though which could take votes away from Romney.