NFL

Ed209

Best weekend of football in a given NFL season is the Divisional Playoff Weekend. 4 games, with 8 top teams. There is not one forgone conclusion next week IMO. Not with the top seeds having to play wildcard teams coming off the back of wins. Yeah it's easy to pick the top seeds but this is the playoffs and "unexpected" drama happens all too often in these games.....

For the Patriots at least ;)

Home Field, Gronk still healthy, Baltimore not quite the team they once was.

I know I am cursing it already :P

You surely are. The Ravens are Bradys bogey team in the Playoffs. He has only lost 3 games at home in the playoffs I think and 2 of them were to the Ravens. He actually currently has a loosing home playoff record against the Ravens 1-2.................

Out of the teams left in the AFC I will be rooting for the Colts to get to the SB. I have had enough of Manning and Brady getting there and I hate the idea of Joe Flappo getting there with a chance to get another ring!

I may have been wrong about it being a close game! Moments there when i thought my comments would haunt me!

Fantastic game from both teams though! Both QBs playing fantastic, just a couple of decisions different and the other team has it!

Edelman's pass was the best play of the game for me! Amendola seems to have stepped up again to! (and maybe Brady's touchdown!)

Edited by LondonTom

Backing the Colts all the way now.

Actually, just anyone but the Seahawks...please!

Colts, won't make even to the Superbowl! ;):P

What a disappointing game that was from the Broncos and the Colts, dullest game of the weekend I think! Seemed to lack any real fight from either team once the Colts got the lead.

Packers/Cowboys as expected was a great game, its a shame its sort of become about it being decided on the Byrant call even if it was right but a stupid rule :P When it went to review, I guessed it was coming as there something simialr in the Patriots game to.

Still was fantastic to see how Rodgers got over his calf as the game went on! Really hope its improved by next weekend, would be a shame to see the Packers lose because of it.

I can't believe Green Bay shat the bed like that. A great opportunity to silence those bloody annoying Seattle fans, now we have to listen to them go on about their stadium and fans being such a factor for another year. For allowing this to happen, and for their actions meaning that I have to root for the god damn fucking Patriots in the Superbowl, the Packers are now one of least favourite teams

Edited by mrtourette
  • Upvote 2

I really dont know what to say today after watching that last night, only that I can not believe what I witnessed and that I am utterly utterly gutted! :( The key for me was the Packers not taking more from what the Seahawks were giving them in the first half. It should have been nearer to 30 points to zip at the half if Rodgers and co were on form the way they can. Had they won it would have been all on the defense. Unfortunately the defense decided to take one hell of a dump in the last throws of the game to throw it all away............

They say the 3rd Monday in January is the bluest of days....................I am for sure feeling it............

• 2 weeks later...

REALLY tried to watch some but didnt last the first quarter because of the amount of breaks and ads. Its unwatchable for me. Unfortunately.

You should really try to persist with watching it. Watch some regular season games next year or even just watch the playoffs.

Once the ebb and flow of the game clicks with you (it will, but it has to be acquired) and you know "how to watch it", then you will not regret it....

Best game and sports entertainment bar none by a country mile

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Seahawks lost it more than Pats won it..

Both teams were fairly equal I thought, pretty much cancelling each other out, being biased Pats edged it :P

What a fantastic end :D Best play call ever! Defo thought it was over after the catch before, just seemed the luck had turned to the Hawks.

Actually thought the game went fairly quick compared to normal NFL games! Mind I was at the Superbash to watch it, what a fantastic night the NFL put on ! Got to be the best way to watch a super bowl in the UK even if all they served was Budweiser. (The anyone but Patriots fans were out in force, which made that interception all the sweeter :P)

Edited by LondonTom