NFL

Ed209

True, I spose they could find a 3rd team to add? Toronto? That would give you 7 teams of 4 :S Still doesn't work really :P

There isn't really any places for them to add I'd have of thought? That are big enough anyway, so maybe just in the London Franchise, have a 17th game and everyone gets an extra division game based on standings? :P (Apart from AFC East).

True, I spose they could find a 3rd team to add? Toronto? That would give you 7 teams of 4 :S Still doesn't work really :P

There isn't really any places for them to add I'd have of thought? That are big enough anyway, so maybe just in the London Franchise, have a 17th game and everyone gets an extra division game based on standings? :P (Apart from AFC East).

You know Canada has it's own Football league, right?

I reckon the league will stay a 32 team league and at some point we will see 2 teams relocate. One to London and one to LA. They are the 2 markets the NFL are gunning for. The massive LA TV market and the International/European market....

Jags to come here and Raiders to go to LA?

Edited by TheJackson

That Broncos run game paired with a defence that didn't perform to great absolutely killed us. Our corners were great (they needed to be against Manning, who thankfully had a bit of an off game by his standards), but D-line and pass rushing got worse and worse as the game went on. Our tackling in general was awful couldn't get them down with first contact giving up stupid yards. It was so frustrating to watch, I couldn't work out whether the Broncos were too strong or it was just really really bad tackling.

Not many complaints on the offensive side of the ball really, thought Tannehill threw some nice passes into coverage that needed to be pin-point, still no deep game at all though which is frustrating. He often throws the ball "too hard" for short passes too, which imo caused that last pick. O-line was good, was sad not to see James come back thought he'd been great. Didn't find out Charles Clay was injured til just before the game but Sims filled in quite nicely.

Well that Pats Pack game was a good un...............

It had a bit of everything.

It showed for me that the Packers D is better than they are credited with at times although they are still not dominant.

Revis has still got it, but it was a lovely play by Rodgers and Nelson to expose him with only 1 safety in coverage.

Tom Brady goes very Jock.............a lot................loves the aul F bombs. It seemed to matter to him probably more than it should have, but if you are a winner n all..............

I wonder if it really was a SB preview as some would like to hype? I would very much love it if it was. If the SB can be like that it would be very much must see TV unlike last years mess............

Well that Pats Pack game was a good un...............

Indeed, even though Pats lost, it was still a bloody great game! A real shame they fucked up that final drive really! (Plus in the SB rerun, unlikely to lose twice in the same season to the same team :P)

Never noticed before how good Rodgers is, out of the pocket and making a run when needed. Think that was my only real problem with how the Patriots defence played, just didn't seem to learn how to deal with him.

Never noticed before how good Rodgers is, out of the pocket and making a run when needed. Think that was my only real problem with how the Patriots defence played, just didn't seem to learn how to deal with him.

For me he is the best in the league. He rarely makes mistakes and his accuracy, timing and thinking is freaky good.

The thing that stopped him having a super super night last night was the Pats coverage. They really do seem to have a nice balance between run and pass D.

One play for me said a lot about the Pats secondary. Rodgers had all day with the ball but still could not make the play as the coverage was so so good.

It was a great tactical game with each side trying to mix it up to get favorable match ups...........I think clever football on both sides is what impressed me most with the game.

Personally I dont think the Pack and the Pats will make it to the SB. Not that they are not showing to be potentially the 2 best teams in the league at the moment and they may well be the number 1 teams from each conference in the play offs, but its rare that the 2 top teams will both make it to the dance.

Peaking early and other teams going on a hot Feb/Jan run usually means the Super Bowl is contested by others. The AFC and NFC number 1 teams have only met in the SB 2 times in the last 20 years with one of those years last year..............

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny's starting on Sunday, the Cleveland game is on Sky Sports swiftly followed by 49ers at Seahawks.

I've given up on the idea that the Dolphins will get to playoffs now, we'd be very lucky indeed to get there now. Shocking against the Ravens at the weekend, again after a strong start. The inconsistency is so frustrating, surely Philbin won't still have the job going into the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

Cowboys Lions game was brilliant entertainment! Super stuff. Feel sorry for the Lions. Looks as if they got done with a few dodgey calls and no calls. Boys O line got away with murder with the holds and the Dpi flag pick up was a joke.

Boys at Greenbay should hopefully be a good one. Fingers crossed Rodgers is fully fit

Caught the last 15 minutes, great end from the Cowboys there! Even if it was more the Lion's mistakes that gave it away.

The sunday games are more intresting next weekend I think from a neutral perspective. Patriots/Seahwaks forgone conclusions from Saturday's games.