NFL

Ed209

Well happy with that Pack win. Losing to the Viks turned out as I thought it would be. A blessing in disguise even if the division title was let go. 

Well annoyed with those Seahawks however and fell gutted for the Viks now. Wilson seems to ride his luck a lot and it showed last night. The Viks not putting it to bed means the Pack have the Cards and personally I would have prefered the Panthers. Either way it would have been and will be a tough game next week

For me next we is the best weekend in Football. 

That Packer game was rather enjoyable, even if their defense seemed to take a little while to catch up with the comeback idea (and I have soft spot for them as a sort of 2nd team).

Seahawks got very very lucky as usual, would have been good to see the Vikings get through. Still I think Cam and the Panthers will have their number.

Hoping the Steelers take out the Broncos, don't think the Patriots will have it in them to win Denver. (I have every faith of them beating Kansas though)

On 1/11/2016 at 6:53 PM, LondonTom said:

I have every faith of them beating Kansas though

Im not too sure of that. That Cheifs D is pretty immense right now; playing on the back of a Playoff shut out (even if against a Hoyer led Texans offence); up against a Pats team that is not firing on all cylinders.................. Its no gimme for sure for the Pats. 

That being said it would be hard to not pick 4 home wins this week.

Im just hoping that the Pack can ride a wave of confidence their win may give em and use the lesson of their wk 16 trouncing in Phoenix to their advantage. With Aaron Rodgers you always have to believe there is a chance, no matter how small it is and daunting the task.

Patriots resume normal business :D Still didn't finish the job early enough for me, especially with how the chiefs played!

Bit gutted for Aaron Rodgers with the Packers' result, he really does have a lack of decent options to throw the ball to!

Going for Steelers/Panthers win tonight.  Panters/Patriots in the super bowl.

That Packers Cards game was unreal! What Rodgers is working with is the equivalent of Brady having no Gronk, Edelman and Amenendola. Amazing they nearly won it

Cards Panthers will be very interesting and very hard to call

Would mind either NFC winning it all or Peyton getting a second ring. It's perverse his younger brother has more rings

Edited by ThomThomDrum

Pats @ Broncos is a really interesting match up. Brady has his targets back and they are going up against the meanest D in the league but the Steelers showed you can get at em. Pats D is also playing some good ball too, so Peyton and Co will need to up their game. Dropped balls in this one will not do. One thing has to be said that even if Manning was not firing on all cylinders against the Steelers you could still see his game intelligence and management at work at times and that can help just edge close ones. Hope the Broncos can do it and if they are to I reckon they will have to get at Brady early and get him in the dirt, hard................give him any time in the pocket with his quick release and then the confidence flows; thats when the Gronk shows up

Cards @ Panthers is a toss of a coin to me. No real way to separate them and I think it will come down to the finest of margins were turnovers will be massive.

Hope its a Panthers Broncos SB

Gutted really, but I knew it would be hide to get a win without Home field Advantage, especially at Mile High. O Line and injuries have hampered the team to much, and in the end I think just not enough left in the tank to pull of a miracle.

Broncos are the runners up watching that, no doubt about it whoever they play. Their offense just isn't good enough.

Thank Christ! Really did not wanna see the Pats in an SB this year. 

Thats some D the Broncos have. 

Good exciting enjoyable game in the end. 

Dont really care who wins it now but it would be kinda nice to see Manning do it after one of his worst seasons (if not worst ever) and not playing well. He does deserve another and that D are good enough to win him one. Tough task but. Levi Stadium ain't at 5000ft...

7 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

Two really disappointing Championship games to watch.

What was disappointing about the Pats @ Broncos? That was a great game. Down to the wire. Last play of the game stuff. Thats exactly what you want from the NFL and thats exactly why its a great sport to watch. I thought it was great that the Broncos with Manning did not beat the Pats because of him, but because that D beat Brady and beat him really really well. They forced him to complete less than 50% of his throws and chuck a few INTs to boot (could have been more and he should have been called for at least a couple on intentional grounding throws IMO); the first time in his professional career he has had such stats! Thats remarkable to me.

Feel for ya with the manner of the Cards defeat. Did you stay up for it? Going out with a wimper is never nice, but you and the rest of the football watching world with always have that crazy ass Packers game memory! You (and all of us) are definitely richer for have experiencing that and thats coming from a Packers fan.............

Indeed! Hated the result, but it was a game to love in the 2nd half, nothing like an NFL do or die situation in sport tbh! Love that drama in any game, let alone one your team is involved in! Those 4th down conversions at the end showed what the Patriots are really capable of other when the chips are down.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone watch the Packers Cowboys last night? What a game! Brilliant finish to it. Some truly unbelievable moments that make that sport so so good. A helluva lot  more entertaining than the big UTD V LFC match being hyped by Sky.

The Packers were there for the taking, but the Cowboys came up just a little short. Id question some of their play calling at times TBH. They had the Packers on the ropes in the end but just didn't go for the jugular

Should be an interesting game in Atlanta next week. The Packers really need to step up their defensive play if they wanna stop that Falcons offence however. 

But the fact that they have Rodgers means they will always be in with a shout even if their defense is beat up and porous; they lack a running game; and they are missing their No1 wide receiver. Rodgers is that good........He deserves another ring with the way he plays. 

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Anyone watch the Packers Cowboys last night? What a game! Brilliant finish to it. Some truly unbelievable moments that make that sport so so good. A helluva lot  more entertaining than the big UTD V LFC match being hyped by Sky.

The Packers were there for the taking, but the Cowboys came up just a little short. Id question some of their play calling at times TBH. They had the Packers on the ropes in the end but just didn't go for the jugular

Should be an interesting game in Atlanta next week. The Packers really need to step up their defensive play if they wanna stop that Falcons offence however. 

But the fact that they have Rodgers means they will always be in with a shout even if their defense is beat up and porous; they lack a running game; and they are missing their No1 wide receiver. Rodgers is that good........He deserves another ring with the way he plays. 

Was always going to be game of the week, but what a game! Big credit to Mason Crosby - absolute clutch kicks to win it. Not sure what happend to Packers offense in the second half - if they play like that against the Falcons they will just simply get outscored. Will be another shootout in that one.

Didnt see the Steelers game (the only game I didnt call before the weekend) but them vs Pats should be good as well. Just goes to show though with the 4 remaining teams that top class Quarterbacks are what win you championships. I'm hoping for Green bay Pats SB I think - As much as I dislike Pats and Brady you cant deny they are the best AFC team again and the Brady Rodgers matchup is money. Best two quarterbacks in the league (Ryan has had a class season but for long term consistency).

Who do you support by the way?

19 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Crosby's 3 over 50yards in the last 90 seconds is absolute CLUTCH. Agreed.

Big time. 23 consecutive post season field goals. That is the definition of good under pressure.

Felt like the occassion got to the Cowboys just enough for them to beat themselves. Too many penalties and a few missed opportunities

2 hours ago, mjsell said:

Who do you support by the way?

The family are proud Packers shareholders. Was on the cards to get over to Wisconsin next season but is not looking likely now unfortunately :(. It seems the Packers are destined never to play London at the current rate. What is your team?

Yeah Mason is an absolute legend and McCarthy not being a fickle head coach has served him well. Stuck with him during  a poor season a few years back and he has been repaid in spades.

Vested interests in games like last night are not good for the emotions. Rodgers and the Packers have divvied their fair share of excitement  for us over recent years. Enough to have aged me a year or two but being an NFL fan first and foremost it really is the way you want your sport served up. Its drama you rarely get the likes of elsewhere.

Have the Pack and the Steelers picked from the start of the season so hoping that comes to pass, but it could very easily be a Falcons Pats SB 

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

The family are proud Packers shareholders. Was on the cards to get over to Wisconsin next season but is not looking likely now unfortunately :(. It seems the Packers are destined never to play London at the current rate. What is your team?

Yeah Mason is an absolute legend and McCarthy not being a fickle head coach has served him well. Stuck with him during  a poor season a few years back and he has been repaid in spades.

Vested interests in games like last night are not good for the emotions. Rodgers and the Packers have divvied their fair share of excitement  for us over recent years. Enough to have aged me a year or two but being an NFL fan first and foremost it really is the way you want your sport served up. Its drama you rarely get the likes of elsewhere.

Have the Pack and the Steelers picked from the start of the season so hoping that comes to pass, but it could very easily be a Falcons Pats SB 

I'm a Redskins fan - wasn't a bad season just fell away when it mattered, annoying as it was in our hands until the very last game of the season but we wouldmt have gone anywhere in the Playoffs though anyway. Still not completely sold on Cousins but he's a lot better than many other NFL QBs - just don't see him winning anything unless he has a shutdown D to help him, which is not likely anytime soon.

Whoever wins out of Falcons/Packers will be the team I support in the SB.

Yeah mad to think the Skins didnt go to the dance. At one point it looked nailed on. The NFC east was very strong this year. Ye even gave us a spanking during our darker weeks of the regular season!

Cousins to me will always be a 2nd tier QB but Ely has two rings so anything can happen! ;) 

A few things I read about last nights game that may be of interest to some

In the final two minutes Mason Crosby kicked go-ahead field goals of 56 and 51 yards, and in between Dan Bailey connected for a score-tying kick of 52 yards. It was the first time in postseason history that there were more than two 50-yard field goals at any point of a game. And even in the regular season, there had never been more than two 50-yard field goals in the fourth quarter of any game, not to mention in the final two minutes. Lets not forget Bailey opened the scoring with a 50-yard field goal in the first quarter!

Dak Prescott passed for 302 yards with a rating of 103.2, and Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 125 yards. Dallas was only the 11th team in postseason history to have a passer with 300+ yards and a triple-digit rating, and a rusher with at least 100 yards and only the second team to lose a game with such stats

Cobb said the final play was not an actual playcall. Rodgers just told each receiver what to do, like a kid drawing in the dirt.............