Who's your biggest sacrifice?

Guest Gnomicide

B.A.D. I might be able to catch about half, but I hate that half of this half of that nonsense, just pick something and enjoy it. I was looking at a friends clashfinder and they are planning to see approx 1/3 of most artists and never eat.

I try to avoid spending more time walking, arriving at and leaving gigs than listening to music.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm generally pretty lucky with clashes and again there's nothing too crucial this year.

However, missing half of Fleet Foxes and all of Jimmy Cliff for Morrissey isn't ideal. I also want to see the Jim Jones Revue and BB King. And I'm going to sacrifice Crystal Castles in order to get up to Arcadia for The Spider and Stanton Warriors. As someone previously said - Friday is a bit of a bitch!

Might have to sacrifice mumfords for u2, i'm gonna let alcohol/mates decide. If I go u2 i'll only be going for a handful of songs I know and a 'special' moment. I don't want to be like those kol fans who stand miserable for the whole show and perk up at the last two songs :lol:

I'm missing Coldplay for Deacon Blue, although coldplay will get the TV deacon blue won't so easy in end

Morrisey maybe skipped for the park (although I will dash back if special guest not that special)

And finally the wombles will have to be sacrificed for Don Mclean :rolleyes:

Could be Morrissey if Pulp play ( God I am so mixed up with this) but not sure if it is Artic Monkeys....not bothered if Jay Z.....however would miss Noah and The Whale if Pulp or Artic Monkeys play on Saturday. Brain ache!!!

Too many for me.

- Bright Eyes for Jim Jones Revue (will probably miss the start of Bright Eyes or the end of Jim Jones - depends what mood I'm in)

- Fleet Foxes / Park Special Guests for Morrissey

- Elbow / Noah and the Whale for Park Special Guests

- TV On The Radio / Everything Everything for Paul Simon

So you've had long enough to study the Clashfinder now.

Which is the biggest sacrifice you're making bands wise?

For me it's The Coral. Really wanted to see them but I reckon it has to be Morrissey (both to watch and get a good spec for U2).

Too many for me.

- Bright Eyes for Jim Jones Revue (will probably miss the start of Bright Eyes or the end of Jim Jones - depends what mood I'm in)

- Fleet Foxes / Park Special Guests for Morrissey

- Elbow / Noah and the Whale for Park Special Guests

- TV On The Radio / Everything Everything for Paul Simon

Im probably leaving early on the Sunday as im with the kids so Ive got a hotel booked so its QOTSA. Ive always wanted to see them at Glasto and cant believe I'll miss them.