Morrissey

Charley333

• 1 month later...

Well, we all know it was never getting released in the first place, how often does a book (especially one as high profile as this) supposedly have not a single copy published or even an announcement a few days away from release?

http://louderthanwar.com/morrissey-autobiography-pulled-days-before-print/

Please excuse John Robb's poor writing here, he's a good journalist really, promise.

After watching Marr at Bestival (and Morrissey on his last tour) I have to say I found Marr infinitely more charming and entertaining.

I would pay top dollar for a Smiths reunion ;)

Echoed. That cover of I Fought The Law really got the tent jumping! Morrissey at Glasto' 2011 was miserable, even by his standards.

Well, we all know it was never getting released in the first place, how often does a book (especially one as high profile as this) supposedly have not a single copy published or even an announcement a few days away from release?

http://louderthanwar.com/morrissey-autobiography-pulled-days-before-print/

Please excuse John Robb's poor writing here, he's a good journalist really, promise.

Thank's for that article,i was stood next to John Robb while watching the Rolling Stones and couldn't remember his name until now.

Thank's for that article,i was stood next to John Robb while watching the Rolling Stones and couldn't remember his name until now.

The way he goes on about heavier music, I reckon he's willutalk's dad.

I encountered a chap in Victoria Station today, stout chap he was, ederly gent I'd say, dressed in a rather sharp tweed suit and a fetching pork pie hat, bearded man he was. He was approaching people in a way that suggests he was going to say "excuse me, good sir, may I trouble you for a moment? I wonder if you would happen to know which platform the 8:45 to Todmorden will depart from?", in fact, he was rather squiffy, very squiffy I should say. The gentleman was approaching these unassuming travellers and proclaiming "The Queen Is Dead!", then, rather sheepishly "... the queen is dead?" in response to their bewildered looks. As I passed him, I dutifully shot him a knowing "Farewell to this land's tuneless marches", which caused him to whirl around and bellow out a lovely verse of "HEMMED IN LIKE A BOAR BETWEEN ARCHES!". My train was due so I left him to it, lovely fella.

• Upvote 1

I couldn't turn round this year without spying him. I had a quick natter with him during Nick Cave, but by that point I was running on fumes and the Stones singalong the previous night had reduced my usual manly brogue to an amphibian sort of croak so I probably wasn't at my best nick.

And then I left Nick Cave early to catch the start of the Smashing Pumpkins!

(Admittedly they were pretty terrible and Cave was pretty damn good, but them's the breaks.)

Shocking behaviour.

Still chuffed with how well I played that one: watched all of Cave from down the front and then somehow got to Pumpkins in time for the best songs, missing all the dull w*nky stuff in the process.

I couldn't turn round this year without spying him. I had a quick natter with him during Nick Cave, but by that point I was running on fumes and the Stones singalong the previous night had reduced my usual manly brogue to an amphibian sort of croak so I probably wasn't at my best nick.

A couple of years ago in exactly the same spot i stood next to Alan Yentob and as usual didn't remember who he was until i saw him again on TV.

I meant to watch Bobby Womack - bit annoyed that I didn't bother. Doubt he would have trounced Cave for me though, but few people would.

I know it was the last night, and yer pretty buggerd by that point, but it's really shocking behaviour to not at least put an appearance in at Womack's set for a couple of songs. He was excellent at Glastonbury and more-so at Latitude.

I know it was the last night, and yer pretty buggerd by that point, but it's really shocking behaviour to not at least put an appearance in at Womack's set for a couple of songs. He was excellent at Glastonbury and more-so at Latitude.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I don't know much about him but wanted to educate myself. I'd had about 2 hours sleep on the Saturday though and was hanging by a thread. Also my mates weren't up for it and wanted to spend the last night with them. I repent!

I'm in pain from laughing so much at this

http://thequietus.com/articles/13408-morrissey-autobiography

"I remember my mother complaining about it as she fished it from the laundry basket and smelt it all over. “Have you been gluing model aeroplanes together again, Stephen? All this sticky mess, I'll need two cups of Persil.”"

:lol: :lol: that's brilliant! Was trying hide my laughter at work :P

"I remember my mother complaining about it as she fished it from the laundry basket and smelt it all over. “Have you been gluing model aeroplanes together again, Stephen? All this sticky mess, I'll need two cups of Persil.”"

:lol: :lol: that's brilliant! Was trying hide my laughter at work :P

It too me about 20 minutes to get past "love in a damp ginnel", I nearly fell off my stool, it only got funnier.

• 2 weeks later...