Morrissey

Charley333

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus. Leaving the longdrops for Radiohead is a bad decision but this?!

I know. To be fair I do like Radiohead but they were shit in The Park and Morrissey was amazing. I've never forgiven myself and neither has my mate.

Then we went to see some of U2 which compounded our misery further. Friday of 2011 was a down day.

Yeah hopefully he can get back to performing and moving people like he did here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-8AR7XQ2K4

On a sub note, been listening to a lot of the New York Dolls recently - the first tune here is Subway Train - and they're so good. Should've been listening to them years ago.

Just got chills watching that video. Genius!

It will be a sad day indeed if this proves to be morrissey bowing out from live performances.

his place as a music & cultural icon is safe enough though.

i've been lucky enough to see hom many times over the years, and his live concerts, well, much more than just a guy singing songs thats for sure.

(however i will propose that he will be back in the uk & probably a few of the more moz friendly american cities to take another round of applause once the dust has settled & his general health gets better..maybe just a few select dates / one off type performances rasther than back to extensive tours playing the likes of paisley town hall (what a gig that was though!)

indeed he loked in fine health on the picture russell brand posted of him, moz & noel gallagher the other day),

Morrissey is my all time hero. Seen him about 30 times. I follow his tours around the country, have his name tattooed on me etc.

Sadly, illness (wether genuine or not) is something you expect at somepoint in his tours. Of them 30 gigs i can think of at least 7 that were rescheduled - and i've only been following him since 2006. Personally I think this is all people reading to much into it - he'll be back. Every fibre of his being craves the adulation. He must be a promoters nightmare though.

Morrissey is my all time hero. Seen him about 30 times. I follow his tours around the country, have his name tattooed on me etc.

Wow, good on you man!

Not sure I could keep up that kind of dedication to a band though, I go in and out of obsessive phases with bands that usually last a couple of months before I move on to the next one, getting a tattoo with any band name would be way too risky for me ;)

Go on, son! I'm also a follower of the wonderful wizard of Moz, but I now feel very weedy with my pathetic 5 shows and no tattoo (although I did once enter a tattoo parlour in a drunken haze demanding various lyrics be tattooed on my person, I can't remember if I passed out before or after they ejected me from the premises).

Sadly, illness (wether genuine or not) is something you expect at somepoint in his tours. Of them 30 gigs i can think of at least 7 that were rescheduled - and i've only been following him since 2006. Personally I think this is all people reading to much into it - he'll be back. Every fibre of his being craves the adulation. He must be a promoters nightmare though.

I tip my hat to your morrissey gig attendance, hopefully will be opportunity for both of us to add to number of times weve seen him.

seen some great morrissey / smiths tattoos at gigs over the years...think the only thing that would get me to have my first & only tattoo would be if I meet him & got his signature on my arm ....I think with either 'trouble loves me' or 'but don't forget the songs that made you cry and the songs that saved your life' in old English font .

"Carl fell head over the heals for her back in 2009, when he was going through a difficult divorce. He now says that Miley Cyrus is his wife".

Err. OK.