Morrissey

Charley333

I thought Moz was ace and I would've hated the set Radiohead played but I did give up Elbow for Pulp, which I don't regret because Pulp were amazing, but I really wanted to see Elbow. I've made lots of "wrong calls" in the past so it's nice to feel okay about one for a change. I'm sure, however, that the only reason most occassions feel regretful is because of the old "Grass is greener..." thing.

Would've loved "I Know It's Over," mind.

Edited by jimmyt

I thought Moz was ace and I would've hated the set Radiohead played but I did give up Elbow for Pulp, which I don't regret because Pulp were amazing, but I really wanted to see Elbow. I've made lots of "wrong calls" in the past so it's nice to feel okay about one for a change. I'm sure, however, that the only reason most occassions feel regretful is because of the old "Grass is greener..." thing.

Would've loved "I Know It's Over," mind.

I sort of agree with the grass is greener thing, but sometimes you see someone you thought would be good but let you down, and then a mate whose opinion you trust says the other act was fantastic. This is what can make clashes so annoying.

This is what happened with Radiohead/Morrissey for me this year.

Having said that, it makes it that bit sweeter when you make a last minute decision and the act you see is fantastic.

Edited by happinessisawarmgun

I was underwhelmed. I'm used to him being a mardarse about things and fair enough the weather didn't help but still, I should have gone to Jimmy Cliff. Morrissey started well but as good as it is to hear Smiths songs, that band (still!) can't get anywhere near doing them justice, I've seen Smiths tributes that are far better. The 2nd half of the show was dull as you like. I should have gone Jimmy Cliff but as The Nal says that's the eternal clash gamble. Last year I got them generally right, this year I got them wrong. C'est la vie.

His voice was good and he wasn't in a bad mood. I liked his Lou Reed cover and I want the one I can't have. This charming man was gut-wrenchingly painful. His band are just Luddites. He needs a more subtle band to do the Smiths songs any justice whatsoever.

Still sang along to pretty much every word, apart from Alma matters. Not a great song.

pains me to say but it was a rather lackluster performance... saved him self with the most powerfull performance I have ever seen of meat is murder but just couldnt/wouldnt work with the crowd..dont regret seeing him though :)

GREAT performance of that song. Couldn’t but pay attention to it.

He dropped another “clue” to his sexuality too during Satellite of Love.

Original lyric is “Ive been told, that you’ve been bold, with Harry, Mark and John.”

Moz sang ““Ive been told, that you’ve been happy, with Harry, Mark and John.”

He emphasised the "happy" too.

Moz was my most exciting act on announcement day, so hearing it was Radiohead as guests wasn;t going to shift me to a packed stage for what turns out to have been a proper Radiohead Musos' set. Still not regretting it, despite wanting to have seen Radiohead again ever since their 2003 set.

Not yer man's best set, seemed a bit non-plussed, but plenty of random people on my mobile got texts about him being in the same field as me (on big screens behind lots of flags to be fair) and it was surely my most bellowing set of Glasto. Happy days. :D

Found my way back to U2 later on which seemed busier than Moz but hardly packed, FTR. & then it rained and my lights pretty much went out. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

I used to idolise Morrissey, and I'll still always love a lot of his solo work. I used to always stick up for him, through all the claims of racism etc.

But I'm pretty much refusing to pay to see him ever again after he got one of his own fans chucked out of his gig for nothing other than running a website where some people posted negative comments about him. The lowest of the low.

Edited by arcade fireman