If you could give one bit of advice to Emily/Michael, what would it be?

Guest george424

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice would be... dont do what was aparent (and reported) in previous years and try to get (for the main stages) a younger crowd, an older crowd, or aim the festival at anyone inparticular so it 'competes' with other festivals.

You have the best festival in the world... just book an exciting mix of bands and the people will come. They always have and always will.

And a big thumbs up to george424 for posting a superb thread. good work!

My advice would be... dont do what was aparent (and reported) in previous years and try to get (for the main stages) a younger crowd, an older crowd, or aim the festival at anyone inparticular so it 'competes' with other festivals.

You have the best festival in the world... just book an exciting mix of bands and the people will come. They always have and always will.

And a big thumbs up to george424 for posting a superb thread. good work!

Get the t wats that drive the forklifts and tractors not to just park up and stop on the main pathways. It's a major health and safety issue, my missis and 3 year old had to actually climb through one last year because of crowd blockage either side. It's even worse on muddy years, more traffic enforcement please. Speeding's an issue as well, old bill and ambulance are sensible but security speeding to find a fence jumper or drug dealer through crowds of thousands is unforgivable. A nutter with a machine gun, fair enough, anything less then it's just plain stupid.

Apart from that, keep the sponsorship at a minimum, keep oxfam stewarding, keep it going! Keep the love! :)

More Firewood.

Less "organised" late night stuff rammed into Arcadia - this year, I predict issues with access in 2011.....spread it around the site in future years please.

The "crew" camping has gradually got more central/larger.....should be on the fringes....its "the punters" who pay - the "staff" should be nudged out to the fringes, not the paying audience.

As with crew, too much "hospitality" in recent years. At Cropredy, there is NO backstage bar, this means the artists are seen eating & drinking in the arena. Great !! Obvioulsy, this is NOT viable for the pyramid/other stages ( I accept that) but Avalon /Acoustic/Holts etc etc all have backstage bar area's that could/should be public access, (or just not be there at all) - this would spread the load around the bars, and open up the site a fair bit in some busy areas.

Don't give press/media freeby tickets - charge them maybe £100 each, and ring-fence that money for a charity of your choice. You no longer need the PR, and they will want to come, so you will raise more ££'s, and/or reduce a few ot the non-essential Tristrams.

Other than that - well done M & E - you host the worlds best party, with little corporate input, and it is truly a wonder of the word - THANK YOU - I feel truly lucky to have been born in a time and place that means I have been to many glastonbury festivals - I am on #16 this year.