2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RnL tickets sold out about a week before the event if I'm correct, but I do agree. Melvin will probably try and book a few more pop acts, I don't personally think booking a act like Plan B as sub-headliners would be a smart move though, it would definitely be a little controversial. There are surly many rock bands around Melvin could book that could appeal to the younger demographic.

Thats what I was going for, did you see how fast V sold out this year? Under an hour and Reading and Leeds sold out when? oh, it didn't, like Neil says Melvin will try and book acts targeted at a younger crowd, it that happens that it has a more V feel to it then so be it. At least its not that poppy, it could get worse, and it probably will, Download and Sonishere are the place to go for people wanting those acts, it showed in last years ticket sales.

Its like Reading doesn't know what it wants to be anymore.

Speculation has died down a bit i see, interesting that. No one seems to have any idea who's gonna be there :sarcastic:

Still would love to see Jay-Z, Green Day and Foo Fighters, but like people have said, Green Day is unlikely so i'll have a guess at Jay-Z, Killers, Foo Fighters. 2 Solid if not inspiring headliners and a new one to the table at R&L...

Heres my Guess for Reading, Ive just done this quickly off top of my head

FRIDAY MAIN

THE KILLERS

STEREOPHONICS

BLOC PARTY

THE RACOUNTUERS

RADIO1

TINIE TEMPAH

SATURDAY MAIN

KAYNE WEST

PLAN B

KAISER CHIEFS

LOST PROPHETS

RADIO1

FRANZ FERDINAND

SUNDAY MAIN

FOO FIGHTERS

PIXIES

DIZZEE RASCAL

THE CRIBS

RADIO1

CHASE N STATUS

The idea of Bloc Party headlining is garbage to me and I thought they were lucky to still obtain their sub headlining status in 2009.

Their last album barely broke into the top 10 before it quickly dropped out all together out of the top 40. It wasn't greatly recieved by critics. I remember Mercury, but couldn't even tell you the other singles they released from the album, or the stand alone singles which came afterwards. If anything the band were slowly in the decline. They were playing academy size venues and couldn't even the sell the lot of them out and yet after 3 years out people think they can headline? I can barley remember seeing Silent Alarm in any of the end of decade lists and I don't think they are remembered enough or have gained any fans in such a short space of time to justify headlining. Even Kele's solo album didn't fare too well.

The day they actually played in 2009 Yeah Yeah Yeah's were actually below them. They've not done anything since 2009, do people think they are going to be bumped up a place to sub-headlining after 3 years out? If anything they were doing as well as Bloc Party at the time. They just released It's Blitz which was very well recieved by critics, sold a similar amount if not more than Intimacy and produced a couple of popular tracks in Heads will Roll and Zero. NME actually voted Zero the best track of 2009 and I'd say Fever to Tell has been remembered more fondly then any Bloc Party album. But I can't see them in people predictions of 2nd and can't see why they'd be there myself.

It seems any hiatus these days can bump a act upto headline status but Bloc Party is definitly not one of them.

A few pages ago there was talk of if Kayne West & Jay Z headline togther if it would be the same slot or if one would sub to the other than play some songs from Throne. Reviews have been coiming in from their US tour and they have been doing a mixed set list of Throne songs, Jay Z songs and Kayne West songs.

http://www.timesonline.com/entertainment/local_entertainment/kanye-west-jay-z-reign-over-consol/article_240271d0-530d-5bf5-8cf3-96c0cbde7914.html