2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Right so The Killers are now a R on TITP and R&L, yes I know only rumor but it kind of makes sense. FR have a deal with The Killers to play Orlando Calling, The Killers for a longtime now should really have been the 1st guess after Foo Fighters, and IMO getting Pixies, The Raconteurs and Less Than Jake who were also on the same billing is possible.

From where LTJ were, lockup headliner looked about right.

My latest thought of

The Killers, Mumford & Sons, The Raconteurs also looks possible.

I also Thought Pixies would play below Foo's somewhere.

My instinct thought it that if we have The Killers this time then Blur are nailed on for that spot next time with Biffy and one of the heavies.

Can still see Bloc Party and Vampire Weekend but the headliner I don't know. For the young crowd, Foo's is mixed and The Killers are a stick on young crowd band.

FATM are also a R on there now for V and to be honest I can see it happening

Muse and Coldplay is a bit of a turnup though.

Edited by gazza_20

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd guess due to Foo FIghters being the 1st bud.

Where I put about FATM being a R on the V page, I mean't them 2 in the below. I was surprised they were both rumor.

To be honest, more often than not R&L and V share a TITO act. So Roses for V and Killers for R&L fits well. I'm happy for it to be them.

Would you agree chances are that Blur won't play as well as The Killers?

Hot Fuss was released when I was 16 & they were popular then but none of my friends kept up with the hype. Must have been in the minority.

Agree with HRC, although I've never been, I imagine the average attendee is around age 25-35 with the bands usually booked. Imagine if Rod Stewart was booked for R+L :huh:

I still don't think they'd shift that many tickets, especially if say the other headliners were Blur, Muse, Coldplay etc. If they toured would they do academies, arenas or stadiums?

of bands that have new albums next year these are the ones i hope are at R&L (i know one may be very unlikely)

Billy Talent - can see them doing their own shows at the end of the year & doing a few fests so yeah

Green Day - apparently they have a new album out next year but efests says they are unlikely to play again so doubt this will happen.

InMe - probably more likely for soni and maybe download but if the album is a good success then i can have hope :)

thing is i'm not drawn to download yet because out of the headliners i only really would see Metallica, and if the undercard was good enough then i would.

as for soni & reading, depends on the lineups - if soni is average then i can always work there... and then just hope R&L put up a overall good lineup.

Rolling Stones anyone? :P

Arena's i'd imagine bud, defo not Academies, they are defo popular enough still to sell out 15k venues. The Killers and Foo's would shift them but you;d need a strong 3rd still. Someone maybe that hasn't played in a fair while. Blur are obviously popular but have toured recentish, same with Muse which obvs won't happen or Coldplay.

Just wondering if New Order could do it or they'd have to sub?