2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@stylishkids

I'm 18 years old and I'm leaving school this year that means I am perfectly in the R+L current demographic target audience. I couldn't recognise a single The Cure song if I heard it. Today I was talking about them in school with a few friends who I'm going to Leeds with and neither could they, the majority of the audience at R+L won't know many songs by them.

That said I know exactly who they are and I know that they deserve their place as headliners at festivals but I'm not sure if they'll be a bigger draw as some people are thinking.

@stylishkids

I'm 18 years old and I'm leaving school this year that means I am perfectly in the R+L current demographic target audience. I couldn't recognise a single The Cure song if I heard it. Today I was talking about them in school with a few friends who I'm going to Leeds with and neither could they, the majority of the audience at R+L won't know many songs by them.

That said I know exactly who they are and I know that they deserve their place as headliners at festivals but I'm not sure if they'll be a bigger draw as some people are thinking.

@stylishkids

Mmm I don't see much positives for The Cure to headline. I mean if Cure fans buy all the tickets they'll moan about the other headliners, and vise versa.

That said, I think Kasabian are awesome and deserve to headline. They have loads of cracking songs and can easily put together a 1.5 hour set.

Edited by ComeCloser

That said, I think Kasabian are awesome pedestrian and deserve to headline. They have loads of cracking songs that sound like they've been written on a pissed night out, and can easily put together a 1.5 hour set of drunken singalong testosterone drivel with nothing more complex than a backing track of simple music behind it to karaoke along to.

@stylishkids

I'm not actually, I like a few Foo Fighters songs but that's about it and I think Kasabian are terrible. I'd be perfectly happy with them headlining and would probably see them unless someone I'm desperate to see are headlining NME/FR at the same time.

@DanLawless

I had listened to Friday I'm In Love before I posted my first comment and it really doesn't seem familiar. I've also heard Boys Don't Cry and Fascination Street in the past before but I wouldn't recognise them now. You really underestimate the ignorence of teenager's these days. I will listen to them (I have been the past 30 odd minutes) and I'm pretty sure I'll like them but most people around my age these days listen to Bombay Bicycle Club, Two Door Cinema Club, Arctic Monkeys and other similar bands so if The Cure are announced they'll really be unimpressed.

It's not that teenagers don't like them, it's just that they refuse to listen to them. It was similar with Pulp last year but once they saw them everyone soon changed their minds and agreed that they're brilliant.

I rant on about shit too much....

@mike12

I can't stand chart music, the reason we're going is because we loved it last year and it is the only festival we can all find the time to go to.

I'm not saying I'm dissapointed in The Cure I'm just saying what reaction would be like at the target audience's perspective.

I hadn't heard a single Pulp song before they were announced last year and now they're one of my favourite bands.

Edited by jonodillieono

The Cure, Kasabian and Foo Fighters a weak set of headliners? Really? I think it's a strong set. You have the current big Indie band in Kasabian, the huge stadium act in the Foos and the cult legends in The Cure. Just hope Melvin books a really strong undercard too.

Mmm I don't see much positives for The Cure to headline. I mean if Cure fans buy all the tickets they'll moan about the other headliners, and vise versa.

That said, I think Kasabian are awesome and deserve to headline. They have loads of cracking songs and can easily put together a 1.5 hour set.

I'm 20 and tbh, I've listened to a lot of The Cure and I don't recognise anything majorly, the tune to Friday I'm in love rang a bell but that's about it. Only 2 of the peoples I know at uni are fans of them and the rest can't really say they have ever heard of them.

I'm not saying they aren't a headline band because they obvs are, but I just think a lot of people around my age and under wouldn't really know them enough to stand and watch them. If they do end up headlining this year and they have something aimed more at people my age and school leavers etc in the tent, then theyre gunna have to make the tent a while lot bigger imo.

im sorry but if you dont know who cure are and your friends dont either you have to consider why your going to a festival for the music or because it is just the new fashion for hipsters to have a wristband they can show off and how would you know if people at leeds are not going to know there songs i would have to say if your not in the demographic target audience for leeds and i would recommend v fest you get lots of chart music there pal.