2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I wont be the only one who ever judges a band by one song and i wont be the last. Well, i say one song, i mean a song plus snippets of other songs but just one in full.

They may well put on a fantastic show i am not doubting that, they just arent my cup of tea.

@gazza_20 - You say uninspiring but would you want? That isn't just a recycled R&L headliner?... that makes no sense.

If everyones opinion was the same this world would be god damn boring.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont be the only one who ever judges a band by one song and i wont be the last. Well, i say one song, i mean a song plus snippets of other songs but just one in full.

They may well put on a fantastic show i am not doubting that, they just arent my cup of tea.

@gazza_20 - You say uninspiring but would you want? That isn't just a recycled R&L headliner?... that makes no sense.

If everyones opinion was the same this world would be god damn boring.

Any out of - Coldplay, Green Day, Slipknot, SOAD, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Jay Z, Eminem. How many of them wouldnt shift tickets?

I'd even prefer Bloc Party to be given the go to headline tbh.

I just hope someone like Enter Shikari headline he NME to clash with The Cure, if, as predicted headline.

Edited by GRichards23

The Cure, Kasabian and The Foo Fighters? Decent set of headliners and if true I'm glad they've went for an act like The Cure are playing rather than another recent repeat headliner like The Killers but I think the fact all three headliners headlined other fests last year lets it down a little. It is of course not easy to find a touring act that you can get as an exclusive but also hasn't played anywhere else in a few years but I'd hope for at least one act who perhaps haven't played so recent.

Any out of - Coldplay, Green Day, Slipknot, SOAD, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Jay Z, Eminem. How many of them wouldnt shift tickets?

I just hope someone like Enter Shikari headline he NME to clash with The Cure, if, as predicted headline.

the cure are not nailed on so im waiting for more solid info before i get to dissapointed. :P

A very good plan.

I was thinking just a moment ago that this is running away like the various SOAD/Greenday/Soundgarden ideas did, which were of no substance of course.

My view remains that there might be substance to it but there might not be. Until I get further info it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

A very good plan.

I was thinking just a moment ago that this is running away like the various SOAD/Greenday/Soundgarden ideas did, which were of no substance of course.

My view remains that there might be substance to it but there might not be. Until I get further info it's still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

The prob is dude that Coldplay to play R&L is pretty much a given as won't happen.

Green Day play long sets and have said they never plan to play it again and do their own shows over here.

Slipknot are doing a US tour this year and Corey Taylor is recording a new album with Stone Sour, plus they are much more likely to return to Download, beings Corey's fav festival.

SOAD are possible and I would love, Nickel would be liked at Download ore than anywhere I'd imagine, couldn't see R&L trying.

Linkin Park since playing in 03 have been back for big outdoor shows in 07/11 and did 08 or 09 as their own MK show, all 3 times excluding the fact they did Download in 04 too the year after Reading, have not showed up at R&L once and I don't remember MB even saying he was bothered.

Jay - Z is a possible.

Eminem, is V crowd all day long over R&L now, I'd love it but many wouldn't.

Bloc Party I'd take in a second.

Edited by Andre91

Surely that makes perfect sense? To have 2 headliners that appeal to a younger audience: Kasabian & Foo Fighters, then throw in a pretty obscure older band with a massive loyal fan base to try and tempt in some of the oldies as well?

Edited by mrtourette

Nickelback liked at Download? Have you seen how much shit they get from the rest of the rock/metal world? They'd get slaughtered if they headlined DL imo :P I don't see why Linkin Park would be ruled out, they're as likely as anyone else I think. And Eminem would be great at Reading if you ask me.

A quote from if I believe correctly, you heard 3 years at least ago that Green Day said they never plan to play R&L again?

Surprise surprise, no.

I've said I'm of the belief that they won't play R/L again. As far as I'm aware I've never given my reasons why I hold that belief because it's not something I feel at liberty to say.

Yeah but that's a standard approach they should take every year, but to come out this year and say that they expect tickets sales to be slow while all along they have The Cure who will apparently sell out the festival instantly doesn't add up. Foos will sell tickets and if The Cure will as well then why bother with the deposit scheme? Someone's telling porkies or is way off the mark about the drawing power of The Cure (either underestimating or overestimating).

As I keep saying, I don't believe The Cure to be a massive draw, and Bestival sales last year seem to bear that out.

They've got a small hardcore of fans which is more than enough to sell the occasional smallish shows they do in the UK, but there doesn't seem to be the fanbase to do much more live activity in the UK than that, otherwise I'm sure they'd be doing it (as they do more in Europe).

All the same, if they're the R/L headliner - and dependent on the undercard - I think they're a pretty decent one. If they've played R/L before (I've little idea, but think not) it was a very long time ago so they're as good as a new one, something different, rather than the mostly-recycled headliners that nearly all fests seem to have nowadays.

I was sure at some point on this forum you did indeed say they have said they would never be interested to play again. And they are a band that everytime said, you ALWAYS say it won't be them. Not I just can't see it, just that Green Day won't be there.

So it's not surprise surprise, I genuinly believe somewhere is fest talk you have said this.

until you can put the proof in front of my eyes of me saying that "they've said" I'll take this as being of your normal non-accuracy. There's no reason why I'd have said what you think I've said.