2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think back to the last Ian Brown appearance at Reading in 2009.

Fuck me! that was awful.

as was his appearance in 2000 (or was it 2001?).

He's always dreadful. I've never seen him when he hasn't been dreadful.

In whatever year that was, I spent a while asking the people who'd crowd surfed into the pit why they were going so nuts for such an awful act. The response from all of them was "yeah, I know he's awful, but it's Ian Brown maaaaan".

There's no accounting for some people. :lol:

Not every band has to play fests when they have a new album out especially when they have already done the fests circuit the year before and could now take advantage of doing their own staduim shows and even then there's still IOW & V that are far more likely than R&L.

Just something different (that will never actually happen) because I'm bored:

Pearl Jam

Queens Of The Stone Age

Manic Street Preachers

Iggy And The Stooges

Motorhead

The Maccabees

The Stone Roses

Florence & The Machine

Dizzee Rascal

MGMT

Rancid

Faith No More

Green Day

Slipknot

Weezer

Jane's Addiction

Stone Temple Pilots

The Courteeners

Pearl Jam

Queens Of The Stone Age

Manic Street Preachers

Iggy And The Stooges

Motorhead

The Maccabees

The Stone Roses

Florence & The Machine

Dizzee Rascal

MGMT

Rancid

Faith No More

Green Day

Slipknot

Weezer

Jane's Addiction

Stone Temple Pilots

The Courteeners

Pearl Jam

Queens Of The Stone Age

Manic Street Preachers

Iggy And The Stooges

Motorhead

The Maccabees

The Stone Roses

Florence & The Machine

Dizzee Rascal

MGMT

Rancid

Faith No More

Green Day

Slipknot

Weezer

Jane's Addiction

Stone Temple Pilots

The Courteeners

If rumours are true and Pheonix festival comes back in Augaust next year, Melvin will need to pull something big out the bag or it could be another poor year for the festival, V look likely to get The Stone Roses and Pheonix will no doubt have some big names so I think if R&L has any weak headliners eg Bloc Party then it will really affect ticket sales. They need to come out all guns blazing next year as alot of people who were loyal to the festival are now looking elsewhere.

If rumours are true and Pheonix festival comes back in Augaust next year, Melvin will need to pull something big out the bag or it could be another poor year for the festival, V look likely to get The Stone Roses and Pheonix will no doubt have some big names so I think if R&L has any weak headliners eg Bloc Party then it will really affect ticket sales. They need to come out all guns blazing next year as alot of people who were loyal to the festival are now looking elsewhere.

Someone mentioned on here a while back how there's some reason why they feel Kasabian won't go to R&L. I don't want them there personally, but I also don't want Jay-Z and Kanye West there.

V if Stone Roses and Coldplay is right up there, moreso than Pheonix if they got Kasabian, but not as good for your money

Having been to T 2 years in a row i'm thinking of trying Leeds in 2012. Hoping for some good acts, it always seems to have more of what I like.

I'd be very happy with seeing Foos again after T this year. Also wouldn't mind seeing Green Day, Lostprophets, Brand New, QOTSA, Biffy and Prodigy somewhere.

If V can get some good Indie acts (not landfill, some actually credible bands) to go along with Stone Roses, I'd be very tempted. Been to Reading twice now and me and my mates wanna try something new. Was gonna give IOW a go, but Roses might be too good to miss out on.