Third Other Stage Headliner

Guest blackcockerel

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true Neil, but Beyonce has become a headliner when you suspect she was originally playing below Coldplay on the Saturday. Plus, I'm not sure Pulp would be bothered about TV coverage, would they? Anyway, if it's not the case then high up on the Pyramid is better than nothing.

Edited by Ed209

why would Pulp not be bothered by TV coverage!? I imagine Pulp would definitely want tv coverage! What band on a comeback tour looking to shift tickets and sell their back catalogue would not want tv coverage?

Yes it does.

Why are they playing those other festivals?

money.jpg

Which is the one thing Glastonbury can't offer. But Glastonbury CAN offer you prime time TV coverage - and don't the top two bands of each night on the Pyramid stage experience something like a 900% uplift in record sales the following week?

It's about those incremental benefits

While they are unlikely to do a Leonard Cohen/Van Morrison and refuse to be televised, I wouldn't think they are overly fussed by the TV live broadcast.

Let's face it, there definitely will be some coverage of them, even if they're on third down on the Other (which they won't be).

Guest blackcockerel

Is it only me that thinks people on here massively overestimate how popular Pulp are? I really like them, but I just don't think that they would be that bigger draw now, certainly not too big to headline the other stage.

Guest blackcockerel

Oh God, here we go again.... If the Verve can headline the Pyramid, of course Pulp can cocking well headline the Other. Do some research and look at their history with the festival!

Absolutely, they'd certainly be bigger than most acts that headline the other stage. But I think if you asked the average punter to name some Pulp tunes they'd be struggling after Common People and Disco 2000. It's not like Pulp ever had the same fan base and popularity of Blur for example.